PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
I've seen a few of these double-dot Savs, and it seems like a mystery when they were produced. This one has double 18k gold rings. The other ones I've seen have flat gold or silver bands on them. As far a I can tell this one is fairly unique, while the flat banded ones are rare, but a little bit more common. Anybody know anything about the provenance of these 2-dot Savinellis? Were they a special release? I don't even know what decade this was produced.

IMG_2835.jpgIMG_2837.jpgIMG_2838.jpgIMG_2839.jpgIMG_2840.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Savinelli has a number of up-market pipes, say 500 USD and up. I think of them as primarily low and mid-range priced pipes, but they definitely offer higher end briars. I'd expect extra high quality and craftsmanship. Those two-dot pipes pictured look quite fine.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Savinelli has a number of up-market pipes, say 500 USD and up. I think of them as primarily low and mid-range priced pipes, but they definitely offer higher end briars. I'd expect extra high quality and craftsmanship. Those two-dot pipes pictured look quite fine.
I feel like I got mine for a steal, but I have no idea what the original MSRP would have been. When it came up on SP estates about 4 years ago I pounced on it. Looks nice and smokes pretty good too.

Reactions: dunnyboy