PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Nah, you know better than to just carelessly toss something away.👍 Sounds like good activity though, walking about in the nature with good company and some friendly banter. 😁

I'll personally pull every little strip off the leaf by hand instead of just cutting it. I tried different ways of cutting the tobacco and I find that this careful ripping and rubbing will result in an incredibly sweet and full smoke. The differences are pretty extreme to be honest. And only the finest goes into the Clay King blend!

That sounds great, you must send me a picture or two of that great hall one day. I'd love to see it!

So it shall be written, so it shall be done. 😎

OT:
After a good muscle burn it's always nice to calm down with a calmer kind of burn. Went out in the garden to enjoy the occasional ray of sunday sunshine with something to smoke, read/think and stroke. It never takes long until my little buddy Ernie shows up.
The Burley/VA mix did what I wanted it to do, today my palate finally updated and got some really nice and nutty Burley flavors that I never tasted before. That was a real "wow" moment.

View attachment 171136

Have a nice sunday, everbody!puffy
@Chaukisch I know you said you like Clan; do you think it would suit the Clay King 👑???
I love your braided clay pipe and the Virginia leaf that will be the starting point for the "Clay King" 👑!

Jun 23, 2019
Been diddling with some home blends I've mixed and pressed about a month ago all weekend, so starting Monday with a tried and true classic: McC's Bombay Court in this Doctor's Bamboozled Brandy -

rDclmMNl.jpg

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I know you said you like Clan; do you think it would suit the Clay King 👑???
I did like it and I'm looking forward to the next pouch but for the real Clay King blend I imagine something else.
Sweet Black Cavendish and sweet Gold Lemon Virginia with a mild hint of mead and perhaps some other ingredients. But I will make at least three different variations so I'm open for suggestions. 😁
I love your braided clay pipe and the Virginia leaf that will be the starting point for the "Clay King" 👑!
I'm going to place a few orders in a few days and then I'll get busy with my alchemy.
I'll keep you updated on my process!

OT:
Having more of the Burley/VA in my little Capitello and some sweet rosé to wet the whistle.
It's weird, I get the best out of Burley with my briar pipes but with my clay or cob it doesn't taste as good.

20220926_165109 - Copy.jpg

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Starting the last week of September with one of my MOLINAS. Members of the forum know that I am a big fan of MOLINA pipes. This morning was my Black Rhodesian 80996 with the colorful stem filled with Sutliff (Edgeworth) Ready Rubbed. My coffee with the Ready Rubbed was delightful as was the cool autumn weather. I had a mockingbird singing to me. Nothing seems to show the joy of life as much as that silly bird.WIN_20220926_11_49_25_Pro.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I did like it and I'm looking forward to the next pouch but for the real Clay King blend I imagine something else.
Sweet Black Cavendish and sweet Gold Lemon Virginia with a mild hint of mead and perhaps some other ingredients. But I will make at least three different variations so I'm open for suggestions. 😁

I'm going to place a few orders in a few days and then I'll get busy with my alchemy.
I'll keep you updated on my process!

OT:
Having more of the Burley/VA in my little Capitello and some sweet rosé to wet the whistle.
It's weird, I get the best out of Burley with my briar pipes but with my clay or cob it doesn't taste as good.

View attachment 171341
@Chaukisch Sounds delicious 😋 and something to look forward to during Stoptober:)
Your "Clay King 👑" blend sounds fitting for the King's clay pipe!
I'll have to use a fresh unsmoked clay for the "Clay King 👑":)
I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.