PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
That's good. I missed out on the model I wanted out of the Christmas line up, so if something catches my eye I'll make sure to try harder to get it.

I saw Barracini has a Halloween pipe up on P&C. Not favorable of the look, though I'm a sucker for most things pumpkin and Halloween.

Markem

Might Stick Around
Aug 4, 2022
Beaverton, OR
Personally, I'd like to see a Peterson Jekyll and Hyde with an orange version of this Savinelli stem.

Savinelli_Miele_642_Top_WM__40415.1386330571.jpg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I believe Peterson had a Dracula series a little while back. This series will probably be a hit with the niche market just like the Christmas and St. Patrick's Day pipes.
Your’e right, they keep bringing out these kind of lines so they must be selling well. Talking to a tobacconist in Coventry once & he said the Dracula pipes were extremely popular with the young students in the town. I must be getting old & grumpy, can’t stand any of the ‘gimmicky’ lines myself. Mickey Mouse pipes.🤡

Reactions: FLDRD

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
can’t stand any of the ‘gimmicky’ lines myself.
The Dracula and Jekyl 'n Hide lines both scream gimmick to me. Especcially J&H with it's dual finish. Peterson have some great pipes, and I did enjoy the look of a number of the Christmas and St. Patrick's day pipes, but sometimes it feels like walking into a Walmart come any holiday season.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I think dedicating pipes to holidays is fine plus matching blends to pipes and resting them ( the blends and the pipes) for 8-11 months a year seems pretty good as I like the idea of looking forward to smoking a blend/pipe. Hopefully it gives kids a sense of Tradition and excitement too “ oh look Pa has taken the Christmas pipe from the cabinet and that funny tobacco with Santa on it” . They might recall that smell 20 years into the future or smoke that holiday blend around their kids. I might pick up one of those HP LoveCraft inspired pipes for Halloween and smoke some of the C&D LoveCraft blends too Great Excuse 😉

Reactions: Woodsman_piper

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

jiminy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I don't have any of the seasonal/gimmicky lines, but a change of stem color is hardly a deal breaker to me. I like the orange look more than some others (like the green), but that's the beauty of subjectivity in such matters.

In fact, I find seasonal Peterson's much more attractive than most artisan pipes.

jiminy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
The Dracula and Jekyl 'n Hide lines both scream gimmick to me. Especcially J&H with it's dual finish. Peterson have some great pipes, and I did enjoy the look of a number of the Christmas and St. Patrick's day pipes, but sometimes it feels like walking into a Walmart come any holiday season.
My biggest concern with Peterson is that they put out so many special/seasonal lines that their regular lineup suffers. Perhaps the pressure to pump out multiple new lines a year also contributes to their lack of quality control in recent years? Purely speculative of course

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
That's good. I missed out on the model I wanted out of the Christmas line up, so if something catches my eye I'll make sure to try harder to get it.

I saw Barracini has a Halloween pipe up on P&C. Not favorable of the look, though I'm a sucker for most things pumpkin and Halloween.
I ended up ordering the Baraccini Halloween pipe. It’s a little disappointing—sort of like they took their Strattura Naturale 320 and dipped it in thick orange enamel paint, obscuring much of the texture. But, I’m a sucker for the 320 shape more often than not, and I thought it would be fun to smoke at the end of October.

Reactions: CallMeSangy