PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
Interesting that there are only 83 in stock on the .eu site, but 442 in stock on the .com site. They know what they're doing, but I wouldn't have thought it'd be that unbalanced. And of those 525 total pipes, only 8 are 9mm filtered. Again, odd they'd bother with 9mm but only make 1.5% of them filtered. Maybe there's another drop coming before Christmas.

Reactions: Swiss Army Knife

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Interesting that there are only 83 in stock on the .eu site, but 442 in stock on the .com site. They know what they're doing, but I wouldn't have thought it'd be that unbalanced. And of those 525 total pipes, only 8 are 9mm filtered. Again, odd they'd bother with 9mm but only make 1.5% of them filtered. Maybe there's another drop coming before Christmas.
Seems like EU usually gets less stock but a much higher percentage of filter pipes. I'm guessing there will be another shipment.

As for the pipes themselves I've never really liked the classic Peterson army mount pipes. I do really like their spigots though and I'm pleased to see they priced these well. They could have easily put them at silver spigot level and people would probably still buy them. I've already blown the budget for the Sav St. Nick, some WCC releases, CRF and GH&Co. drop but these are very tempting.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
Seems like EU usually gets less stock but a much higher percentage of filter pipes. I'm guessing there will be another shipment.

As for the pipes themselves I've never really liked the classic Peterson army mount pipes. I do really like their spigots though and I'm pleased to see they priced these well. They could have easily put them at silver spigot level and people would probably still buy them. I've already blown the budget for the Sav St. Nick, some WCC releases, CRF and GH&Co. drop but these are very tempting.
Layaway option at SPC.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
These are getting a lot of shade but I actually like the copper.
I don't know why, these are the best the Peterson Christmas pipes have looked since 2014 IMO. As for the copper anyone who thinks their Christmas pipe is going to turn into an ancient Greek coin either hasn't owned any copper cookware or keeps their pipes outside in a shallow hole in the ground. It'll tarnish but so will nickel, silver, gold and any precious metal used for this kind of ornamentation. Give it a good clean and a buff and you're back to the day you bought it. It's not going to look like the statue of liberty unless you leave it out in New York Harbor for 136 years.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I'm a sucker! I wasn't going to but the copper spigot kept beckoning me...
I wanted a 107 but they didn't offer it this year. I think this XL11 looks snazzy though. There was a B42 left when I picked this one out but I left it as there'View attachment 169045View attachment 169046s some of you who appreciate that shape more.
It was between that and the 68 for me - I kind of like my original Original Sherlock being my sole big Calabash, but I almost bit.

Reactions: Piping Rooster

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
It's my first of that shape. I was going to try to get the 2021 xmas Sherlock in the XL11 shape but I really like spigots and the copper spigot is a neat version of that.
Please post how it goes once you get it. It's a beaut of a pipe, I'm waiting to see if there's the same drilling/finish issues last year's had or not.

We'll see how long my resolve holds out compared to SP's diminishing stock though.

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
Please post how it goes once you get it. It's a beaut of a pipe, I'm waiting to see if there's the same drilling/finish issues last year's had or not.

We'll see how long my resolve holds out compared to SP's diminishing stock though.
I'll just let you know rn that all my Petes (6 so far) were bought This year and I haven't had any issues with them. I can't speak for last years xmas pipe but my 2020 xmas is my best smoker so far.

Reactions: Swiss Army Knife

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I couldn't resist a smooth bulldog spigot. Smoking my 2018 copper army mount sandblasted Pete Christmas pipe now, it's one of my favorites. I've never wiped the copper down with anything since I bought it new in 2018 and it's darkened a little but definitely hasn't turned green at all.

Reactions: vates

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019
I really like the copper spigot concept. But the bowl is too dark for my liking: no texture is visible.
And "black pipes" is not really my thing (although I have a few).
Gonna wait for the real life pictures from the gentlemen here. Maybe it looks much better in daylight.

Reactions: briarfoxx

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I really like the copper spigot concept. But the bowl is too dark for my liking: no texture is visible.
And "black pipes" is not really my thing (although I have a few).
Gonna wait for the real life pictures from the gentlemen here. Maybe it looks much better in daylight.
Texture? The wood in a lot what I’ve seen is heartwood. And the rumor is the stummels are outsourced from France and Italy.