PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chris81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2021
Malaga, Spain
I love Tunis, been there like 10 years ago... I was even thinking of moving there at the time... unfortunately there were some religious extremists taking power after the so called "arab spring" (it was the most secular country in north Africa, before that) so I changed my mind. My Tunisian friends were the ones who ended up moving to Europe instead.
Malaga Panorama.jpg

Reactions: chopper and n_irwin

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
I love Tunis, been there like 10 years ago... I was even thinking of moving there at the time... unfortunately there were some religious extremists taking power after the so called "arab spring" (it was the most secular country in north Africa, before that) so I changed my mind. My Tunisian friends were the ones who ended up moving to Europe instead.
View attachment 140731
Malaga is beautiful. I was glad to visit back in October. It’s pretty cool that there are folks from all over on this forum.

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
Howdy & welcome @n_irwin , from Katy, TX, USA

Growing up as an Army Brat, we moved around the world relocating almost every 2 yrs. I can confirm those were a series of wonderful opportunities as a kid. I enjoyed it enough that I also enlisted when I was 17 yrs old and continued to move about the world before finally setting down, back in Texas.
That’s cool. Thanks for the encouragement. Living abroad is not without its challenges, but the benefits make it worth it.

Reactions: lightmybriar

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Welcome from S.W. Florida! Always curious. Smoking laws over there? Can you still smoke in a restaurant? In an office? Do they get mad at you if you smoke Camels?

Reactions: n_irwin

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
Welcome from S.W. Florida! Always curious. Smoking laws over there? Can you still smoke in a restaurant? In an office? Do they get mad at you if you smoke Camels?
Tunisians smoke a lot. And you can smoke just about anywhere—in public, at restaurants. Mostly it’s cigarettes, and also hookah at the coffee shops. Pipe smoking isn’t much of a thing, so finding good pipe tobacco is nearly impossible.