PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Smoking a mix of J-4, 3 Sails, stoved VA, and perique in a St James "London Pipe", which is a flat bottomed, meer lined, long shanked Canadian shape in smooth finish with a meer lining.
This is a pipe I got on my second ebay acution 'win' about 7 1/2 yrs ago, for approx. $2.oo. ( smokes like a champ, and is a Comoys alternate brand) I'd say it came close to Riband quality, heh heh.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Esoterica Cardiff in my Dr. Grabow: Commodore 65 Zulu, dated from 1967-1969, vulcanite stem, metal screw-in tenon, no stinger.

I bought this pipe September 2021, and it’s not been smoked a lot, and it had quite a ghost in it.

I’d say either November or December last year I decided to go for a big cleanup!

Soaked the chamber, 151 Everclear, with cotton balls 24 hours, then wiped it out. Then, fresh coatton balls, and soaked it again 24 hours, and another wipe out. Then let it dry 1 or 2 days, and then sanded the chamber, and let it sit afterwards for a week.

Now after all this bloody time later, I’m now just starting to get it broken in with a light carbon build up, but I wipe all my chambers out after smoking with a napkin, or paper towel, and I’ll also use my finger while the carbon is soft, and smooth out any bumby build ups, to keep it all light, thin and even.

I’d say it will probably be a few more months before it’s 100%, but it’s finally turning into an amazing smoker.

OH it’s going to have to be one hell of a pipe, if I ever buy a smoked estate again! LOL ?

Be well everyone, and may the ghosts never bite! ❤️ ?

FB9330D9-213B-4E89-9A7F-6BB1E38D27EA.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This will get me to dinner time.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Capstan Blue flake folded and stuffed in a self made bamboo shanked straight Billiard that I finished up last night.View attachment 139455
5cd5377d-4657-4dd6-a3fe-954ceebf5379-jpeg.139456
View attachment 139460
You're knockin it out of the park there Dave. Very nice pipe.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Esoterica Cardiff in my Dr. Grabow: Commodore 65 Zulu, dated from 1967-1969, vulcanite stem, metal screw-in tenon, no stinger.

I bought this pipe September 2021, and it’s not been smoked a lot, and it had quite a ghost in it.

I’d say either November or December last year I decided to go for a big cleanup!

Soaked the chamber, 151 Everclear, with cotton balls 24 hours, then wiped it out. Then, fresh coatton balls, and soaked it again 24 hours, and another wipe out. Then let it dry 1 or 2 days, and then sanded the chamber, and let it sit afterwards for a week.

Now after all this bloody time later, I’m now just starting to get it broken in with a light carbon build up, but I wipe all my chambers out after smoking with a napkin, or paper towel, and I’ll also use my finger while the carbon is soft, and smooth out any bumby build ups, to keep it all light, thin and even.

I’d say it will probably be a few more months before it’s 100%, but it’s finally turning into an amazing smoker.

OH it’s going to have to be one hell of a pipe, if I ever buy a smoked estate again! LOL ?

Be well everyone, and may the ghosts never bite! ❤️ ?

View attachment 139481
Good looking Grabow. I think they are fine pipes. I'm working on getting four blue spades off the guy that opholsters my restorations. He bought them new and just didn't get the hang of smoking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.