PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
Title edited. See Rule 9.

Noob pipe smoker here. Do you have to deal with this time of harassment often? It was my aunt...

She's a complicated person that enjoys GMOs, pesticides, putting scolding food into plastic containers, taking pills to cure everything and sitting for 16 hours a day, laying down for the other 8...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: FLDRD
The GMO thing makes me bang my head on the desk. The dangers of GMO's has been blown completely out of proportion.

As to your Aunt or people with criticisms... kill them with humor. It's not even worth it to try to use logic. You are putting yourself in danger by smoking. Any person who doesn't know this by now is an idiot or completely from a deserted island. Trying to argue away the dangers is even more stupid. But... everything has a risk. Try the joke thing. If they can't take a joke, punch them in the face. YMMV puffy

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
I always ask for extra GMO's when I'm ordering ... ?
I need to ask the doc if they can turn me into a GMO noodle by sewing my appendages to my body and shooting me with laser beams to alter my DNA. I identify as a GMO noodle.

I am not smart enough to know about GMO’s. But I do know organic foods (foods that lack carcinogenic topical applications) can’t be GMO. Thus I don’t eat them. Not really sure how that law came into place.

As a kid raised in the 90s, I’m sure I’ve eaten a couple tons of GMO.

To me it boils down to being Guinea pigs. These things might have effects generations on, just like Guinea pigging the new vaccine science. We all have to go sometimes.

Anyway, I can see my lure, in the name of what I had just experienced, worked pretty well. Pretty much the very thing I had just experienced. Obnoxious, no?

You're probably not going to win many friends on here with your... ideas on GMO's. I might suggest not tipping your cards, letting us see your cray cray. Like religion and politics, this forum probably can't handle this sort of thing. If this GMO thing is something you can't let go of, I predict problems for ya.

On to your tobacco and pipe issues...

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Noob pipe smoker here. Do you have to deal with this time of harassment often? It was my aunt...

She's a complicated person that enjoys GMOs, pesticides, putting scolding food into plastic containers, taking pills to cure everything and sitting for 16 hours a day, laying down for the other 8...
It’s easier to clench without a tongue, but you might have to sell your P-lips. Just saying...

Perhaps she could buy them and put her tongue to some better use.

Now everybody wins. You’re welcome.

As my doctor told me... you may look uglier after your battle with mouth cancer, but at least far fewer people die of this type than lung cancer. YMMV.

However, I dis have of a friend and pipesmoker that was older and had smoked for far longer than me that did not catch the mouth cancer in time, tolerating it for as long as he could before telling his dentist. I suggest to everyone to be open and honest with your dentist, go get check ups twice a year, and ask for the extra attention when he does the search of your mouth. Do not tolerate anything odd going on in your mouth. Get anything unusual seen about with your dentist, ASAP.

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
As Cosmic said mouth cancer might not be something worth worrying about if you make sure to look out for it. I'm more worried about stomach cancer myself, since it's quite deadly and already very common, more common among smokers too. But I'm going to die of something either way so?

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Kooky

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
Are there any studies on the carcinogenic nature of pure tobacco leaf? All the studies I find are about cigarettes.

The other thing I’d like to know is how tobacco smoke differs from marijuana smoke. Not the unique chemical makeup, but the qualities of smoke itself in any form. From personal experimentation, and plenty of anecdotes, I don’t think I’ve ever encountered someone that got cancer from smoking marijuaja.

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
GMO stands for genetically modified organisms or something. We as human beings have been modifying livestock and plants for as long as our history. Not sure what the big deal is. Of course, if systemic pesticide is genetically inserted into corn, something I should think about. But a fat cow? Bring on the ribeye!
We’ve been shooting DNA with laser beams since we were cavemen? As harmless as GMOs might be I find this to be a bit asinine in the same light.

Reactions: bullet08

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
We’ve been shooting DNA with laser beams since we were cavemen?
What do you think crossing two crops of rices is called? Interbreeding two different strains of cows? Any pure bred dogs actually pure bred? They were all genetic modifications.

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Are there any studies on the carcinogenic nature of pure tobacco leaf? All the studies I find are about cigarettes.

The other thing I’d like to know is how tobacco smoke differs from marijuana smoke. Not the unique chemical makeup, but the qualities of smoke itself in any form. From personal experimentation, and plenty of anecdotes, I don’t think I’ve ever encountered someone that got cancer from smoking marijuaja.
I'm pretty sure that the differences between cigarettes and pipe tobacco is negligible at best. Stomatitis nicotina - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stomatitis_nicotina this thing is more common to pipe smokers than cigarette users. Apparently not harmful but I didn't read everything. So I think that except the reduced lung cancer risk pipe smoking is about the same risk as cigarettes -lung cancer.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
An

Any burning thing is going to give off carcinogenic substances. Tobacco, marijuana, wood fires, house fires, even your grill for cooking food. They will all produce levels of toxic smoke and gas.

Lifetime exposure amounts and your personal genetics will determine if you fall sick with anything.

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
What do you think crossing two crops of rices is called? Interbreeding two different strains of cows? Any pure bred dogs actually pure bred? They were all genetic modifications.

This is not something I disagree with nor has anything to do with what I’ve said about laser beams - cue Austin Powers.

There is no differences between the carcinogenic nature of tobacco grown for cigarettes and pipe tobacco. Actually, they all come from the same places.

This is why they have to put labels on pipe tobacco products, because some moron out there is going to think that because it's not a cigarette, it's safer. A whole buncha arguments and breaking down how cigarette tobaccos are handled, blah blah blah... in the end, they are the same thing. People have died of cancer from smoking going back to when we took some back to Europe. Risk management.

It just isn't smart to downplay the dangers of the leaf used in one vice verses another. Just be aware that it is dangerous and approach it as such. Anything else is like telling a child that a bullet from a 22 pistol isn't as dangerous as a 50 caliber.

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
An

Any burning thing is going to give off carcinogenic substances. Tobacco, marijuana, wood fires, house fires, even your grill for cooking food. They will all produce levels of toxic smoke and gas.

Lifetime exposure amounts and your personal genetics will determine if you fall sick with anything.
I do not have the proof nor studies on hand but I was certain I read that marijuana smoke is not carcinogenic based on recent studies. The whole gen of hippies and entire population of Colorado and California would be dead by now.

If this is true I am curious about the mechanism of the smoke.

people take so much offense these days to agnostic points of views, or skepticism. Forced to pick between a two party system in all aspects of life or you’re a grey area outcast. When it comes to matters of science, the proof is in the pudding if it’s physical or mathematical. The same cannot be said about much of the modern science conducted on humans which is so frequently profiteered. I’m thankful the average lifespan is not like 25 anymore, but it doesn’t mean there’s no exploitation at others’ possible expense.

seeing is believing.

Reactions: Casual
but I was certain I read that marijuana smoke is not carcinogenic based on recent studies.
The owner of this forum doesn't like discussions about drug use. However, the reason so many people being prescribed THC have to use alternative ways of ingesting it is because of the carcinogenic nature of the smoke. I'll stop now... sorry Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.