PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
Dry January has gone so well so far we’re going to celebrate with a martini.

More seriously it was not a burden at all to go for the first week. I think we’d gotten into a bit of a rut/habit and broke it. We plan to have a few dry nights a week and keep others to just a single drink.

Some of the new alternatives really are quite fine. Not like the old alcohol free beers and wines.

Cheers all!

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
This sounds very interesting.
How do you like it/what do you think?
It's interesting stuff. It tastes young (as expected), but I'm glad I picked it up. Does it hold up to most Islays? No, but the novelty of using Scottish ingredients and being pot stilled was intriguing enough to want to try it. In a blind tasting, I definitely wouldn't think it was made in America. For the price, I'd rather get Ardbeg Wee Beastie or Ledaig 10 year.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Puttering around the garage drinking Kerrs Light from a boot, burning a bowl from my parfait jar, and listening to Traveling Wilburys. Despite my wife’s best efforts, my small town Wyoming upbringing still shows from time to time. ‘Murica!View attachment 120231
You go Man!
I'm a HUGE Travelling Wilbury's Fan............ and I've been known to down a Koors Light or two......
"Oh the sweet smell of success, handle me with Care"............

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
It's interesting stuff. It tastes young (as expected), but I'm glad I picked it up. Does it hold up to most Islays? No, but the novelty of using Scottish ingredients and being pot stilled was intriguing enough to want to try it. In a blind tasting, I definitely wouldn't think it was made in America. For the price, I'd rather get Ardbeg Wee Beastie or Ledaig 10 year.
Thanks for the info. I’m going to find a bottle of this and give it a try.

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
You go Man!
I'm a HUGE Travelling Wilbury's Fan............ and I've been known to down a Koors Light or two......
"Oh the sweet smell of success, handle me with Care"............
Totally forgot I had that stupid boot. Found it in the waaaay back of the top shelf of our least used cabinet. Knew there was only one thing to do…. Lol

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
They really help with the nosing of the whiskies. Let them sit for five minutes, then nose. I used to use the concave lenses with my Glencairn Copita/Dock glasses, but friends kept knocking them off by accident. The ginger lids are nice. The rims fit inside the regular Glencairn glasses and on the outside of the Wee versions.
Your friends best pull themselves together ?. I like to let a whiskey pour breathe for 25-45 minutes before sipping so I don’t mind open glasses. I was thinking for me, the application would be more for when I’m outide, keeping flies and shit at bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.