PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
I wanted to get to see the pipe shown as the preview of the estate pipe section but it’s not listed when I click, must have been sold already but anyone knows who’s the carver and can have the link? I want to see More pictures, it looks fantastic! Looks like a bent/straight bulldog...

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I find myself loving everything that comes from Tao. If only my cash matched my love for Tao pipes, I'd be able to afford one.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
I find myself loving everything that comes from Tao. If only my cash matched my love for Tao pipes, I'd be able to afford one.
I have an early Tao that I bought on a business trip to Europe in 1982 or thereabouts, It's a beautifully grained bent brandy with a sterling silver band and a plain black vulcanite stem. After some negotiation it cost me 3 crisp C-notes. It is indeed a beautiful pipe but it is not an exceptional smoker and it has a tendency to whistle like a referee when you draw on it.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I have an early Tao that I bought on a business trip to Europe in 1982 or thereabouts, It's a beautifully grained bent brandy with a sterling silver band and a plain black vulcanite stem. After some negotiation it cost me 3 crisp C-notes. It is indeed a beautiful pipe but it is not an exceptional smoker and it has a tendency to whistle like a referee when you draw on it.
that's very disappointing. At that price the question of if it smokes well should already have been answered yes a few hundred ago.

Reactions: mingc

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Any pics of it? Also, I wonder if it's a fixable issue. If I were Tao I would want to make sure to fix any pipe that wasn't up to snuff. Maybe try contacting him and seeing if he'd take a look at it.

Reactions: anotherbob