PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightsun

Lurker
Nov 30, 2021
Central Virginia
Hey there, been smoking pipes for about a year now. So far Savinelli and Nordings are my favorites but I’m really partial to meers right now. Trying to get off cigarettes and cigars didn’t do it for me. The pipes really help alot. Finally can really enjoy the flavor of tobacco. Don’t know why I took so long to come around, but glad I finally did. Just thought about checking out pipe forums the other day and thought I’d get some insight from others here...Thx in advance.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hey there, been smoking pipes for about a year now. So far Savinelli and Nordings are my favorites but I’m really partial to meers right now. Trying to get off cigarettes and cigars didn’t do it for me. The pipes really help alot. Finally can really enjoy the flavor of tobacco. Don’t know why I took so long to come around, but glad I finally did. Just thought about checking out pipe forums the other day and thought I’d get some insight from others here...Thx in advance.
well welcome aboard. Welcome from just a bit north of you in PA

Reactions: kurtbob

midnightsun

Lurker
Nov 30, 2021
Central Virginia
Welcome from Greene County, VA!
Thanks...I’m in Nelson Co. Afton area. One thing I wonder about is what people like to smoke as far as kinds of tobacco. Do you buy online or found any decent shops locally? I’m close to Wboro and all they have in “tobacco” shops is mostly vapes, bongs, etc. I bought a bag of pre-packaged tobacco once and I couldn’t smoke it... god awful. I’ve been getting mine from EA Carey, pretty satisfied with them so far. They have a black cherry blend and a traditional Virginia that I really like. Bought a bunch of sampler cups but the verdict’s still out. Well thanks again and have a good nite...

Reactions: Latakia Dave

Englomatic

Lurker
Jun 18, 2020
Central Virginia
Thanks...I’m in Nelson Co. Afton area. One thing I wonder about is what people like to smoke as far as kinds of tobacco. Do you buy online or found any decent shops locally? I’m close to Wboro and all they have in “tobacco” shops is mostly vapes, bongs, etc. I bought a bag of pre-packaged tobacco once and I couldn’t smoke it... god awful. I’ve been getting mine from EA Carey, pretty satisfied with them so far. They have a black cherry blend and a traditional Virginia that I really like. Bought a bunch of sampler cups but the verdict’s still out. Well thanks again and have a good nite...
There is the Cville Smoke Shop in Charlottesville. Not much of a selection. A Lot of GL Pease. Although I did find some 2020 Cringle flake last year when I had failed to order some online.

Reactions: beezer

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Thanks...I’m in Nelson Co. Afton area. One thing I wonder about is what people like to smoke as far as kinds of tobacco. Do you buy online or found any decent shops locally?
There is the Cville Smoke Shop in Charlottesville. Not much of a selection.

I usually buy my pipe tobacco online and my cigars at a brick and mortar. The store Englomatic mentioned is the one I frequent. They have a nice cigar selection and some couches to relax in. The pipe tobacco selection consists of ~30 some-odd blends mostly C&D stuff with the occasional drop of Esoterica.

There is another shop in Charlottesville called "Tobacconist and Gifts" that is about 10-15 minutes closer to you. I haven't been in there in years, but they too have a small selection of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.