PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my birthday with a bowl from a freshly opened first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Happy Birthday, jiminks! And good day to all! Don't have any EGR on hand to honor our host, but I do have another classic, namely Carter Hall, so I'm starting with Carter Hall in an Upshall B straight grain stacked Dublin halfbent with pencil shank and tapered stem. Will break out the Wilke Peanut Butter and Chocolate next. Cheers!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Happy Birthday, jiminks! And good day to all! Don't have any EGR on hand to honor our host, but I do have another classic, namely Carter Hall, so I'm starting with Carter Hall in an Upshall B straight grain stacked Dublin halfbent with pencil shank and tapered stem. Will break out the Wilke Peanut Butter and Chocolate next. Cheers!
Thanks for birthday wishes. Your tobacco choices sound good to me. One of these days, I'm going to break open a tub of CH.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A final bowl of my home mix -- Semois, black unflavored Cavendish, Izmir Turkish, and cigar leaf -- packed for later in a Ferndown by Les Wood, a bent billiard with silver band and Cumberland stem, courtesy of a Forums member. This is a fine blend, with the cigar leaf providing a subtle undertone, and the Cavendish and Turkish forward, with the Semois providing nice edge. Interesting what can be done without Latakia or Perique. I call my efforts mixes rather than blends, since I don't oven, use pressure, or age it, just for fun home mixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.