Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

D

Danpiper

I can smoke a pipe all day then want more but with cigars a few then im satisfied why dont pipes satisfy me

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
I find that a long smoke together with a nicotine strong blend satisfies me well. A shorter smoke and lower nicotine blend does as you say, not satisfy me as much. Although your mood plays a large role in satisfaction either way.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I enjoy cigars as well, but keep at it… a pipe can emit as smoke as a cigar if you want it to. The bowl will get hot, but if you want a plume, it can be achieved. I actually prefer less smoke. As far as nicotine… that’s going to be tough, but there are high nic tobaccos that you can trypuffy

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Nicotine is funny. I got nuthin from 5 Bros but Crooner planted me firmly in my lawn chair. Same with cigars. —- Used to smoke strong La Gloria’s to the fingers and get nuthin. Then a nice, mild Macanudo would took me for a spin.

Reactions: lonepiper

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some strong blends, since we seem to be talking about nicotine, from C&D that might deliver more nicotine are: Old Joe Krantz original; Billy Budd original; Tuggle Hall; Bayou Night; Stratfordshire, and from Peterson, Irish Flake and 3-P. Brown rope is supposed to be stronger than black, so you could try some of that. Tabac-Manil Semois thick and medium cut, a Belgium burley variant, is also sturdy.

EvertonFC

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2020
Philadelphia
I too began as a cigar smoker. Probably smoked cigars for nearly twenty years before even considering a pipe. That said, I found it required me to shift my mindset to truly appreciate pipes. There won't be clouds of smoke. There won't be a significant nic hit. So long as that's what you want from your smoking experience, you're unlikely to find a bowl of pipe tobacco satisfying. Ultimately, it's up to you whether you want to spend the time attempting to shift your perspective or simply stick with what satisfies. There are no right answers, only your own personal preferences. Cheers.

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
I'm the opposite. I love cigars, but always crave a pipe after finishing one. Nicotine, or whatever it is, is indeed weird. And body chemistry. And stuff. I like Warren's advice above: just smoke cigars. Easy peasy.