PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I’m afraid of the pepper? Habano is typically spice and pepper yes?
All things being equal, I would say that the various Habano seed (i.e. Corojo, Criollo, the generalized "Habano") wrappers probably are more peppery than Sumatra, Cameroon, Broadleaf, Connecticut Shade, etc., but that is not always the case. The origin and primings (ligero, viso, seco, volado) of the various leaves that make up the cigar will often be more informative. Nicaraguan tobacco tend towards more pepper than Honduran, Dominican or Cuban tobaccos... It is pretty rare to get a pepper bombs from those latter three countries. I seem to alternate between really embracing peppery cigars and getting bored with them. Lately I've been enjoying them more, but YMMV.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Arturo Fuente Canones on the deck earlier...
4YjbhID.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
'18 Montecristo Petit Edmundo, fantastic flavors.

View attachment 108647

Though I'd much rather have the extra length of the regular or double Edmundos, I've kept going back to the petites because they've been such sure things in my experience. Great smokes, fresh or with a bit of age!

Now smoking a Tatuaje Selección del Cazador/Brown Label/Miami.. It's the double corona size with some Colombian pour-over

20211112_191517.jpg

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
@danimalia these have been all over the place. The first one was horrific (not enough dryboxed, kept on tunneling, tossed it half way), second was good, this one kept canoeing on me so a few touch ups. Still have 7 to go, but till now they have been flavorwise very good to me, in my present pace the last one will have about 5 years on it. I also have some petite #2's, but I want to smoke my present stock first.

Tatuaje is great, untill now I only didnt enjoy the Fausto line. I have some old La Casitta Criolla's (triple CT Broadleaf) and Ambos Mundos Sumatras, if I remember correct these gone out of production in '18.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Stoked, enjoying a cigar with my son, who is of age, with The Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 He, AJ Fernandez New World, me, Punch Gran Puro Nicaragua. I was told Punch‘s were typically strong etc…. This is not, this is an awesome, medium full body, with rich taste and no pepper. My jam for sure. B763C7EB-9591-4E64-9C24-F714CFDE92C8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.