PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Hello and welcome from West Virginia. My Great-Grandparents on my father's side came from Gambleby, Sweden. My Grandmother would speak Swedish sometimes and we learned many Swedish foods from her. We are led to believe that my Great-Grandparents name were Johanson, but many Johansons changed their name to Johnson when they came to America. My Great-Grandfather wanted to start out in America with a new name so he changed his name to his best friend whose name was Ankerberg. It's hard to trace a family tree with that change. They settled in Dubois, PA and the first day there was when the great fire of Dubois happened that burned down a big section of the town. I can only imagine how they must have felt. Great to have you with us.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina U.S. My wife's Grandma Girtha may have been Swedish. As an infant, she was a covered wagon pioneer from Missouri to Kansas, and she lived to be 99, the matriarch back on her and her husband's Missouri farm, where my wife grew up.

Reactions: Swede74 and JOHN72
Status
Not open for further replies.