PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
Breakfast smoke is Samuel Gawith 2013 Limited Edition in a Bones billiard.

I found this in a shop last week, liked the tin, and it was very reasonably priced so it came home with me. The tobacco was bone dry, so I added some moisture and after a few days it’s ready to go.

The description says it is a Virginia, burley, cavendish blend with toppings of vanilla and almond. Folks, the flavorings here are so light to the point they are barely noticeable, both when smelling the tin and while smoking. I’m a sure age has a lot to do with that, and the fact that even though I moistened it, it still burns very fast. I’m nearly at the end of the bowl and it feels like I just sat down.

All in all this is a very pleasurable smoke. The tobaccos all work together, and the ever so subtle hint of vanilla smooths it out. This should be a winner with aro an non-aro smokers alike.

Cheers!
B472C8FD-11A2-4322-BD8F-EEB0B9B45D3B.jpeg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Pipe by Lee three star pot styled pipe with red Virginia. I gave the pipe a good bowl reaming, sanding, and a salt bath. What a difference from the initial test smoke. I am still going to have fully refurbished. I have no doubts that this will become a consistently good smoker. It still needs more cleaning in the area of the mortise but I’ll have time for that later.

image.jpg