PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2021
Malaga, Spain
Greetings from Spain.
It's interesting to meet someone who doesn't have running water. I live in a semi-arid area and the houses in the countriside are not connected to the water system but everyone has their water deposits and plumbing. I think it makes living much more comfortable!
I also enjoy the countryside and I'm constantly thinking about moving out of the city, but I would miss my high-speed internet so it's a hard choice.

Reactions: HopHand

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
Greetings from Spain.
It's interesting to meet someone who doesn't have running water. I live in a semi-arid area and the houses in the countriside are not connected to the water system but everyone has their water deposits and plumbing. I think it makes living much more comfortable!
I also enjoy the countryside and I'm constantly thinking about moving out of the city, but I would miss my high-speed internet so it's a hard choice.
I've got it a bit quirky in my location. High speed internet and electricity unless the weather knocks them out but water is an irrigation pond or needs hauled in.
Which means bathing is done in the pond, A solar shower or a local pay use facility. I've grown used to and don't mind even less as rent prices go up these days. The Out House on the other hand can be a bit much especially in a Rocky Mountain winter.
??????

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Chris81

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Greetings from Spain.
Will not Elon Musk's plan to pollute populate the skies with thousands of low level satellites make broadband available everywhere?

This is actually a question and neither a snide remark nor great hope for those like Chris who'd like both!

Reactions: Chris81

Chris81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2021
Malaga, Spain
Will not Elon Musk's plan to pollute populate the skies with thousands of low level satellites make broadband available everywhere?

This is actually a question and neither a snide remark nor great hope for those like Chris who'd like both!
I know people who live in rural areas here and are connected to an internet satellite, but their connection is extremely slow for 2021 standards (something like 20 MB/s). I think nothing compares to a cable connection of 600 MB/s or 1 GB/s.

Stompthroat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2021
Maryland
Welcome from Maryland! Thanks for sharing all of your experiences. As a reference post for what kind of pipe smoker you are, this is great.

Reactions: HopHand
Status
Not open for further replies.