PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I've been lurking in the background for a few months reading various posts and slowly developing my pipe smoking skills. Indeed, they seem to take a long time to develop. In the beginning I didn't know what I didn't know. Now I know that I still don't know what I don't know but I'm finally getting some regular pleasure with ever-decreasing hassle in this new hobby.

Strange how it has suddenly become such a "thing" for me. I'll share a little about me, just the basics, but generally will be more interested in the meanderings and contemplations to be expressed and found. They've been fun to observe so far.

55 yoa. Male. Health field. Current residence Arkansas. Opinionated enough that I'll pass on many opportunities to give my $.02 Finally reaching an age where I can see the value of biting my tongue in certain circles. Besides, I've gotten to where I have less tongue bite from excessive puffing, light packing, and the other usual suspects.

I started off with eastern European made pear wood pipes from Etsy. And aromatics like Viking from my local tobacconist. About 3 years later I can say that I wouldn't really recommend that start. I know that I need a certain amount of posts before I become slightly relevant so I'll end for the moment and begin again tomorrow. I usually look here during daytime (actually exclusively so far) and reserve my evenings for smoking a pipe or 2 or 3, perhaps drinks with them, often gazing off into the hills or up at the stars or moon. I don't even contemplate trying to smoke inside my home so I'm never in front of the TV or computer in the evenings. I scour all those late night debates the following day. Alas, one of my future posts may be about the difficulties of trying to learn to smoke a pipe outside on my hilltop in nearly perpetual breeze.
Cheers,
FLDRD

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I visited a college friend one time in Little Rock, but a few years later I couldn't remember having been to Arkansas because all we did, both being news hounds, was watch the Watergate hearing on TV, so I never got to town to have an image of the place. Pretty country though, for star gazing while you smoke.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Howdy from Ohio!

Attachments

• https___erply.s3.amazonaws.com_291525_pictures_237_54dbb7306d7430.82489220_newohiopostcard1_10...jpg
    https___erply.s3.amazonaws.com_291525_pictures_237_54dbb7306d7430.82489220_newohiopostcard1_10...jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: FLDRD

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I visited a college friend one time in Little Rock, but a few years later I couldn't remember having been to Arkansas because all we did, both being news hounds, was watch the Watergate hearing on TV, so I never got to town to have an image of the place. Pretty country though, for star gazing while you smoke.
The Watergate hearing ... wow. Well, I'd venture to say that there may be similar topography between your beautiful state and mine. Lots of lush, green, forested, wildlife supporting hills.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.