PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Wow! I am so impressed by the friendliest welcome messages I have received in a long while on a forum. You all are terrific! I also appreciate the many stellar suggestions that you guys have given me. I am reading through them and doing my due diligence. I used to smoke aromatics sticking with bourbon vanilla, caramel, and cherry variations. That was in my 20’s and I’m now 30 plus years past that! I see so many new flavors and have been reading reviews but haven’t decided on a tobacco yet. Should I buy online or find something local? Anyone in the DFW area have a recommendation? I used to go to Tobacco Lane back in the day but I’m not sure that they’re still around and the cigar shop I frequent only dabbles in pipe tobacco.
Just remember, you are smoking tobacco. Don't worry about the flavoring so much, make sure the tobacco is of good quality, because no matter what it's name might be, you are still smoking tobacco. If you pick something to smoke that is of good quality, you won't be disappointed.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I understand the preference for a pipe which complements the proportions of your face.
I'd second Chris Streeper's recommendation of Boswell. His freehands are affordable (as one-of-a-kind handmades go ... $120ish range, I think), and most of them are chunky and fill the hand well.

And welcome, from Wisconsin!

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Wow! I am so impressed by the friendliest welcome messages I have received in a long while on a forum. You all are terrific! I also appreciate the many stellar suggestions that you guys have given me. I am reading through them and doing my due diligence. I used to smoke aromatics sticking with bourbon vanilla, caramel, and cherry variations. That was in my 20’s and I’m now 30 plus years past that! I see so many new flavors and have been reading reviews but haven’t decided on a tobacco yet. Should I buy online or find something local? Anyone in the DFW area have a recommendation? I used to go to Tobacco Lane back in the day but I’m not sure that they’re still around and the cigar shop I frequent only dabbles in pipe tobacco.
Tobacco Lane still exists on the square in Weatherford. Under management by John and a Maine coon cat.

hornedfrog76

Lurker
Oct 6, 2021
Aledo, Texas
Well, if you’re in Aledo, it’s only a short hop to Weatherford. They are on the northwest side of the square. pipes are mostly Peterson and Savinelli, but they also have estate pipes. Lots of C&D and Peterson tobacco, plus a large selection of house blends.
I plan on going this weekend.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from Carmel Valley, just a bit inland from the Bay.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Reactions: hornedfrog76

hornedfrog76

Lurker
Oct 6, 2021
Aledo, Texas
Welcome from Carmel Valley, just a bit inland from the Bay.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.
Done

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.