PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
People may also enjoy flatcappiper's YouTube videos on the show. The first is about fifty minutes and focusus on the factory tour that people could go on Day One of the show and second about 95 minutes of the actual pipe show itself. The shows are hosted by FlatCapPiper and his lovely wife LadyFlame. The factory tour is led by Jonathan Wood, the Factory Director for Sutliff.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Very much appreciated. Not grabbing some Navy Cavendish before it disappeared is one of my tobacco regrets.
Mine, too, although I was misquoted in the "I love the Navy" comment. I respect all the military, but I never fit the profile for service. I did say Mc was one of favorite McClelland blends, but there are a few others that vie for my top of the list.

Sep 23, 2021
Hollywoodland
Sep 23, 2021
Hollywoodland
Mine, too, although I was misquoted in the "I love the Navy" comment. I respect all the military, but I never fit the profile for service. I did say Mc was one of favorite McClelland blends, but there are a few others that vie for my top of the list.
When you said you “loved the Navy,” a direct quote, you meant the Navy treatment, the rum; not the military brach. I do not misquote, and I do have video of you talking about why it is your “Favorite McClellands blend.” Not super important here, but I am a newspaper man and I am careful about quotes.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
When you said you “loved the Navy,” a direct quote, you meant the Navy treatment, the rum; not the military brach. I do not misquote, and I do have video of you talking about why it is your “Favorite McClellands blend.” Not super important here, but I am a newspaper man and I am careful about quotes.
Yes, but I did say after that, that it's one of my favorite McClelland blends. Anyway, it's not a big deal as NC is a top fav of McClelland for me, even if I don't have any stashed.

I'm going to open the Edgeworth Jr. soon. Thanks again for it.

Sep 23, 2021
Hollywoodland
Yes, but I did say after that, that it's one of my favorite McClelland blends. Anyway, it's not a big deal as NC is a top fav of McClelland for me, even if I don't have any stashed.

I'm going to open the Edgeworth Jr. soon. Thanks again for it.
Totally, I should have added more of that part you’re right! Sorry buddy, let me know how it is and take pics this time please haha.

Reactions: JimInks
Sep 23, 2021
Hollywoodland
People may also enjoy flatcappiper's YouTube videos on the show. The first is about fifty minutes and focusus on the factory tour that people could go on Day One of the show and second about 95 minutes of the actual pipe show itself. The shows are hosted by FlatCapPiper and his lovely wife LadyFlame. The factory tour is led by Jonathan Wood, the Factory Director for Sutliff.
Got to meet him at the show, great fellow and Lady Flame is gracious and kind.

Reactions: kcghost

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Totally, I should have added more of that part you’re right! Sorry buddy, let me know how it is and take pics this time please haha.
It was pretty decent, though most of the topping had vanished since most companies didn't vacuum seal pocket tins. I did review it at TR.