PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBaz

Lurker
Dec 19, 2020
Hello

Started smoking pipes about 10 months ago. Was previously a hardcore cigar smoker - but then I had two wonderful children and my ability to spend a couple of hours smoking cigars seemed to have disappeared when the kids appeared.

8 years later I convinced myself I should take up the pipe - less time commitment and easier to stop and restart a pipe than a cigar I reasoned.

In 8-10 months I have tried a number of blends and I found I have enjoyed orlik golden slice, cult conspiracy, and my mixture 965 more than others.

The pipe I reach for most is a Peterson Irish Made Army (406) fishtail. Really enjoying the look of the army mount. I also like the Missouri Meerschaum cobbit series.

Been enjoying the discovery of new blends and pipes also been happily searching for the perfect tamper.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hello

Started smoking pipes about 10 months ago. Was previously a hardcore cigar smoker - but then I had two wonderful children and my ability to spend a couple of hours smoking cigars seemed to have disappeared when the kids appeared.

8 years later I convinced myself I should take up the pipe - less time commitment and easier to stop and restart a pipe than a cigar I reasoned.

In 8-10 months I have tried a number of blends and I found I have enjoyed orlik golden slice, cult conspiracy, and my mixture 965 more than others.

The pipe I reach for most is a Peterson Irish Made Army (406) fishtail. Really enjoying the look of the army mount. I also like the Missouri Meerschaum cobbit series.

Been enjoying the discovery of new blends and pipes also been happily searching for the perfect tamper.
the best tamper is the most basic in my opinion. The others seem to run off.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. I have a good friend in Meadow Lake, in fact. We're due for another Kings vs. Oilers debate... :LOL:

OGS is a big favorite of mine too, albeit more of a warm weather option for me. Enjoy your journey!

Reactions: KBaz

KBaz

Lurker
Dec 19, 2020
Well in Saskatchewan it means I can enjoy OGS for about 37 days around July. Kidding.

I am surprised anyone outside of Saskatchewan knows about Meadow Lake even more surprised you know someone from Meadow Lake.

Lots of Oiler fans in Sk.

Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. I have a good friend in Meadow Lake, in fact. We're due for another Kings vs. Oilers debate... :LOL:

OGS is a big favorite of mine too, albeit more of a warm weather option for me. Enjoy your journey!

Last edited:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Well in Saskatchewan it means I can enjoy OGS for about 37 days around July. Kidding.

I am surprised anyone outside of Saskatchewan knows about Meadow Lake even more surprised you know someone from Meadow Lake.

Lots of Oiler fans in Sk.
I actually started to think it was just a place Canadian comedians made up because it sounds funny.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina U.S. What does Saskatchewan mean in the language of its tribal nation? It sounds like your pipe smoking is coming along well.

Reactions: thebigragu and KBaz
Status
Not open for further replies.