PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Although it's a broken flake I find Amphora Virginia a good replacement for FVF. Molly thinks so too!!

Mollylaughing-2.jpg

Aug 1, 2012
The actual direct replacement is the Impossible FVF (c) from the Impossible Tobacco Company (tm).

Until now, the Impossible Foods Company (tm) only dealt with meats and ensured that you couldn't tell the difference between meat and their products (after a few shots that is). Well now they have come to the rescue of all of us who wish that we could get those unicorn tobaccos.

They start with Impossible Penzance (c) which most smokers won't be able to identify from the "real" penzance as the creamy latakia comes from rutabaga protein. Then comes Impossible FVF (c) which gets its wonderful meaty flavor from beets. Last, there is Impossible Original Condor Plug (c) which gets its incredible, incomparable aroma from an actual grandmother's used panty drawer.

Look for the new Impossible Tobaccos (tm) coming soon to a retailer near you.

(Any offense, real or implied, is not intended by the above satirical post. It is used for humor purposes only and should be immediately disregarded.)

fightnhampster

Aug 14, 2019
Indiana

?

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Sorry to distract from the thread but that Amphora Virginia looks alot darker than I would have I pictured it, is there any Burley, or is it a straight Virginia?
(could look this up I know)

As to FVF.
If anybody is that desperate...
There is a store that sells it in Australia,
I assume it would be in stock for about $130 Aud for 50gm.
I assume they would sell overseas, if someone was desperate enough and if they had approved finance

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Sorry to distract from the thread but that Amphora Virginia looks alot darker than I would have I pictured it, is there any Burley, or is it a straight Virginia?
(could look this up I know)
I was surprised by how dark it was when I first tried it too. It’s straight VA, steam pressed? Very, very good and underrated VA if ya ask me.

64alex

May 10, 2016
[You can generally get it at Synjeco in Europe. Pricing is fair especially if you buy enough to amortize the shipping. You can also buy Full Virginia Plug and some other nice tobaccos you can't get here in the USA]

+1. If you like FVF you'll love the FVP and the other plugs and I can attest Daniel, the owner of Synjeco, is a great guy to work with.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
FVF is not all that hard to get a hold of. I’m pretty lazy about tobacco shopping and never go out of my way to chase unicorns. I’ve got a couple pounds of FVF jarred. You just have to keep an eye out and catch it when it drops.

Reactions: HopHand

Woo

(Formerly Ziven)
Oct 1, 2021
Jersey City
You can generally get it at Synjeco in Europe. Pricing is fair especially if you buy enough to amortize the shipping. You can also buy Full Virginia Plug and some other nice tobaccos you can't get here in the USA,
How much tobacco is allowed to enter the U.S. Customs each time? How much tax do I need to pay?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
How much tobacco is allowed to enter the U.S. Customs each time? How much tax do I need to pay?
I don't know the limitations. I've received 5 kilo in the past. I've never been hit with any customs fees. Someone in another thread speculated that $500 in declared value may be the number where customs starts to show interest. No facts or documentation was provided to back that up.