Not open for further replies.

StrawBunyan

Lurker
Sep 18, 2021
Tennessee
Grabow's are solid pipes to learn on.

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you.

They seemed like a well made solid pipe and the price was excellent. It was hard not to buy a more expensive/fancier peice but I believe I got a quality starter pipe and it has the exact look and vibe I was going for. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Reactions: chopper

StrawBunyan

Lurker
Sep 18, 2021
Tennessee
hiya from New York City!

Got any local brick and mortars? Could be some rare stuff around you!
Briarworks in Columbia is the closest pipe shop that isn't a headshop. I have a tobacco shop in town but it is just vape stuff and self roll cigarettes. They seemed shocked I was looking for a pipe.

It's the only thing I miss about FL sometimes, it would have been very simple for me to find a pipe within 10 minutes of me....now I have to drive 2 hours to sniff a tin of tobacco.

Reactions: chopper

StrawBunyan

Lurker
Sep 18, 2021
Tennessee
A lot of native TN folk can't understand why I would move here from FL... They don't realize that they are the reason. You really hit the nail on the head. Everyone here makes you feel home.
If any of them spent any time in FL outside 3 days at the parks they would understand why I left my home state after 35 years, I just couldn't take it anymore ??
Hello! TN is my favorite State to visit. Love Pigeon Forge, the Great Smoky Mountains, Memphis in May. It’s a wonderful State filled with polite/courteous/friendly folks (well maybe not WestMemphis?)

StrawBunyan

Lurker
Sep 18, 2021
Tennessee
Oh... I might need to get me some ?
Here is the description. If it sounds like you something byounwant to try.
Country Gentleman represents a unique departure among pouch tobaccos. This blend features a mixture of premium bright and red Virginias, which is enriched with perique, and a small amount of dark fired Kentucky for body. This is a tobacco that would be at home in a tin with a higher price tag, but to befit bearing the Missouri Meerschaum name, it comes to you at an everyday bargain price. Enjoy the naturally sweet, and tangy character of Country Gentleman.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
If any of them spent any time in FL outside 3 days at the parks they would understand why I left my home state after 35 years, I just couldn't take it anymore ??
Welcome from the Pacific NW!
We are starting to look at both TN & FL for moving to in retirement, so I'm curious about your comment about FL. Feel free to DM (direct message) me if you wish. I'd like to learn from your experience!
There is also the humidity issue, you would laugh at what they call a humid day here!

Reactions: StrawBunyan

StrawBunyan

Lurker
Sep 18, 2021
Tennessee
Welcome from the Pacific NW!
We are starting to look at both TN & FL for moving to in retirement, so I'm curious about your comment about FL. Feel free to DM (direct message) me if you wish. I'd like to learn from your experience!
There is also the humidity issue, you would laugh at what they call a humid day here!
The reason moved here is because it reminds me of FL 30 years ago when I was a kid. The small towns have either died or become "lesser Orlando" in the area I am from. On top of that the crime rate is just out of control....FL man is real, and he is everywhere down there ☹️. In the town I live in here in TN people still leave there keys in the car when they go into store. If I did that in my area of FL I wouldn't have a car to come back to.
The area I am in in TN is just as humid as FL....just not for as long, we have seasons here. In FL the seasons are HOT, Hot,hot, was that a breeze? , And hot again.

Edit: also it cost 5 times as much to live in FL as it does in this part of TN so that was a huge factor nas well

Reactions: jpmcwjr and romaso

Daydreamer

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2021
Indiana
Hello.
New pipe smoker here. Still waiting in my order to arrive in the mail.
Purchased a Dr. Grabow Duke and some pipe cleaners as well as 3 tobaccos that seemed to appeal to me.
Next week I'll be making another larger tobacco order to try to find what I am into.
Really excited to get started.

The 3 I chose to start
Are Peterson flake, nightcap, and some country gentleman.

Next week I'll be getting some haunted bookshop, three nuns, early morning and a few others I haven't determined yet.

Thanks for having me
Welcome from Indiana!

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
A lot of native TN folk can't understand why I would move here from FL... They don't realize that they are the reason. You really hit the nail on the head. Everyone here makes you feel home.
There’s ALOT of Illinois ex-pats too!
If you wanna see a true ?hole, just look to the land of Lincoln, and see what the corrupt have done to this once great state.

Bax Burley

Can't Leave
Jul 20, 2021
Pennsylvania
Hello from PA. Starting out with lots of medium strength English and blends with Perique, I see! No aromatics in there. You're jumping in feet first! I think Haunted Bookshop is delicious, but I would imagine it's a bit rough-edged if it's one of your first tobaccos. Let us know what you think!

I'd recommend a nice Lane Burley Light Without a Bite.

StrawBunyan

Lurker
Sep 18, 2021
Tennessee
Hello from PA. Starting out with lots of medium strength English and blends with Perique, I see! No aromatics in there. You're jumping in feet first! I think Haunted Bookshop is delicious, but I would imagine it's a bit rough-edged if it's one of your first tobaccos. Let us know what you think!

I'd recommend a nice Lane Burley Light Without a Bite.
Yeah I always do everything all the way ?.
Honestly I've never been a fan of flavored things. I'm even a bit scared of Turkish and orientals. I've been a smoker for some time just never a pipe so I am hoping that helps ?? there are a few aromatics I might try, I'm sure, I just have not found them yet. I know anything booze flavored, cherry, vanilla, mint or anything the like is definitely out. I might try a plum or honey.

I will let you know how I like the H.B., from all of the reviews I've read, I should enjoy it. I have some university flake on the way as well.

Bowlsmoker67

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2021
Montgomery County Ny
Hello.
New pipe smoker here. Still waiting in my order to arrive in the mail.
Purchased a Dr. Grabow Duke and some pipe cleaners as well as 3 tobaccos that seemed to appeal to me.
Next week I'll be making another larger tobacco order to try to find what I am into.
Really excited to get started.

The 3 I chose to start
Are Peterson flake, nightcap, and some country gentleman.

Next week I'll be getting some haunted bookshop, three nuns, early morning and a few others I haven't determined yet.

Thanks for having me
Haunted Bookshop is amazing stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.