SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I might have to agree. Guys do yourself a favour:
His humor was deconstructive, meaning that it was him and his persona that made what he was saying funny. He intentionally told the worst jokes and botched them to death with meanderings and name drops that went nowhere. In the end, the punchline was delivered with more thankfulness that he was done than a badoom tsss. His stand up was the same way. He would almost always botch the punch, just wander and meander almost like he was winging it, and would usually end his set by telling the crowd, "I have nothing more," and just walk off. This is what made him unique and hilarious. He never once told a funny joke. He was the anti-comedian, breaking every rule of comedy. He acted as if he really didn't want to be here, so let me tell a horrible joke, and that's it, I'm going home. But, because of his straight man persona, it was HILARIOUS!!!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
His humor was deconstructive, meaning that it was him and his persona that made what he was saying funny. He intentionally told the worst jokes and botched them to death with meanderings and name drops that went nowhere. In the end, the punchline was delivered with more thankfulness that he was done than a badoom tsss. His stand up was the same way. He would almost always botch the punch, just wander and meander almost like he was winging it, and would usually end his set by telling the crowd, "I have nothing more," and just walk off. This is what made him unique and hilarious. He never once told a funny joke. He was the anti-comedian, breaking every rule of comedy. He acted as if he really didn't want to be here, so let me tell a horrible joke, and that's it, I'm going home. But, because of his straight man persona, it was HILARIOUS!!!
he never seemed comfortable.
It's funny all the rules of performance or art always have a great example of someone who proves them totally wrong. You know confidence and tightness are all supposed to be part of being funny for example.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Wow 61. I think my favorite movie with him is Screwed.
just read about that movie. And it's funny because what I read was that it was a horrible movie and....
Well that the actress in the movie had a statement about what shit the movie was but how she was still doing her best job and always does because no matter what the movie is it will be some ones favorite.
Of course that was a paraphrase and it's just weirdly ironic.