PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@chasingembers
That looks like it would be fun. I would love to own that four chambered Preben Holm I posted.

Reactions: The Clay King

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Not crazy at all. I’ve done so often. It allows me to really taste each blend in a side by side comparison.

Or sometimes, when a pipe gets too hot, I’ll load a fresh one to continue my enjoyment — same blend.

Crazy would be a parfait. I do that too. Bottom half filled with Granger, topped off with something I want to try. — if I’m not enjoying it, I know it’ll burn off and Granger will take over.

I suppose a three layer parfait is plausible. Use your imagination.

Reactions: chopper

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I still do this almost every smoke. Pack two pipes, a different blend in each one. I’ve chilled out a bit though, I used to sit down with 5 to 6 pipes packed at a time and just work my way though them, rotating back and forth between the different blends, as @cosmicfolklore mentioned, it really brings out the flavors of a blend when switching over. I get bored if I just smoke one pipe. This is how I learned to really enjoy VA tobaccos, I never really “tasted” them before I leaned this nifty trick.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
I still do this almost every smoke. Pack two pipes, a different blend in each one. I’ve chilled out a bit though, I used to sit down with 5 to 6 pipes packed at a time and just work my way though them, rotating back and forth between the different blends, as @cosmicfolklore mentioned, it really brings out the flavors of a blend when switching over. I get bored if I just smoke one pipe. This is how I learned to really enjoy VA tobaccos, I never really “tasted” them before I leaned this nifty trick.
Yeh, it was you who suggested this to me. It works.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yeh, it was you who suggested this to me. It works.
Glad it works for you, some folks thought I was cray cray. Since I have you here, I asked you in another thread but I think you missed it, that or I missed your reply.

Im curious when you started noticing changes in Erinmore? I haven’t bought any since early 2017 but the majority of my stash is from 2016.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I’ve done it when comparing similar blends. Not both pipes clenched at once, but both lit, alternating intermittently, and using a beverage to “cleanse the palate,” as they say.