PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Title says it all. I've been putting this off for some time now, my genetics of which are largely to blame (mom's side of the family wrote the book on procrastination, or at least they would have, had they gotten around to it). Yes, I know it's dinky comparatively...I know some of you guys go through this amount just in one afternoon, but I'm happy to say that, as a snail's pace pipe smoker, I'm feeling pretty confident that, barring an unforeseen Jeanne Calment-esque lifespan forthcoming, this will cover my needs quite nicely.

stash.jpg
(For all you fellow Pink Floyd fanatics: yes, that is my wife's pressing of the Dark Side Of The Moo bootleg in the lower left shelf!)

Mostly just wanted to share with the forum (visually only, not for smoking, sorry nnnn), but also curious...anyone else putting off doing inventory?

Last edited:

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Totally. I kept looking at it, then at our ketubah (decorative Jewish marriage contract) framed on the wall, then back at the leaf....then back at the ketubah etc. etc. It was like something out of a movie. She must think I've gone meshugenah! All kvetching aside, I probably should sell off some of these Sutliff and P&C.com aros that I'm unlikely to smoke again. I should've done this sooner, but c'est la vie.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Nah. Far too plebeian. Besides, I relish any opportunity to use the dung emoticon. One of those 16 oz. jars is Ashton Gold Rush, BTW. I got one more bowl of C&D Opening Night to get through, then I'll be tearing into that sucker all weekend.
Gold Rush the blend no one talks about despite the fact it's incredibly tasty.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I take it you're not a fan. Of course why would you when it tastes like Durian fruit minus the goodness. ;)
Yep that's exactly it. No need to talk about it, just horrible stuff. No one should ever put back tins in multiples of ten or sully their pipes with it. Nothing to see here and all of that. ?

Oh, I like Durian fruit, especially the Durian candy that my company's Japanese engineers order from home.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
What're those blends with the stone arch on the label? Something Estate?
That's Drew Estate, my favorite blender, with the Brooklyn Bridge on the label. They made seven or eight blends between 2013 and 2017, mostly aromatics. I managed to snag a few on here, and I'm glad I did. Grand Central is in my aromatic top 5 for sure, and Gatsby Luxury Flake is my favorite VA flake. I hold out hope for a return to blending, but I'm not holding my breath. Their cigar business is booming, though, so who knows? I can dream, can't I? ?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Heh, your stash reminded me of the time, about a year or so ago, that my mum asked me just how many tins/jars I actually had. She was thinking, "probably about 17, and that seems like a LOT to me..."

She freaked the trout out when I told her "42". ? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Servant King

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yep that's exactly it. No need to talk about it, just horrible stuff. No one should ever put back tins in multiples of ten or sully their pipes with it. Nothing to see here and all of that. ?

Oh, I like Durian fruit, especially the Durian candy that my company's Japanese engineers order from home.
those candies are awesome. I got a big bag of them for my birthday this year.