Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Good evening All
A bowl of Sutliff’s Match 965 in the Shalom Pipes Sandy Hook. It has cleaned up nicely showing some nice grain.
Happy smokes
Ettrick pufferView attachment 93031
@Ettrick puffer Just smoked some of @Birddog66's Good Dog mix in my clay pipe today; many thanks!
Difficult lighting my clay pipe in all this wind ?️; once I get it lit it burns hotter with the wind ?️ keeping it stoked ?!
It was definitely too windy ?️ to light my clay pipe when I went to see the Sealed Knot at Bolsover Castle; once I got it lit the Gawith Hoggarth Cherry Vanilla quickly burned out (small bowl English Civil War clay pipe and it burns hotter in the wind...)
The wind ?️ is a Cavalier's worst enemy as it blows their hats off and they can't light their pipes - and when they eventually get it lit the baccy burns like a bonfire ?!
It's as if the wind ?️ knows I'm trying to light my clay pipe and is trying to stop me - or King James I doesn't like me smoking!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
We continue enjoying with. C&D Byzantium, in corn cob Charles Cobbler, and a mug vermouth with ice and slice orange, of course. I sincerely missed this tobacco. It is still one of my big favorites.......It's like smoking on a big shit-infested whaling ship and rats jumping all over your head...........?
Sounds delightful!?
You might like HU 'Olaf's Favourite English' as well then.
image.gif

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Late start due to five hours travel for wife's monthly doctor visit. Started by finishing a bowl of Wilke Chocolate in a Nachwalter Canadian. Now a bowl of Carter Hall in a Nachwalter smooth Scoop with plateau rim and brindle stem. My Burley mouth ph problem seems to be abating so I can enjoy this leaf again.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
80635333-2f03-4fa3-ba1c-058c5ff87d44-jpeg.93034

SG Best Brown in a MM The Louis.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Been chatting with the neighbors, and am not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke Peanut Butter and Chocolate in a light brown 1979 rusticated medium bend Italian Sir Jeffrey Dublin (GBD second) sitter with a flared top and yellow saddle stem.
Sir_Jeffrey_Dublin.jpg

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Is that the natural coloring of a well-smoked pipe, or did you do add finish to it? Just ordered my first Bones and anxious to see it evolve.
hi @Sanzini

I have never done anything but smoke it, I have not even polished it once, the pipe was used as it came, with its natural color and has been darkening over time, maybe now that I see the picture more closely, the darker spots are not so much, but nothing more, the photo is taken with a mobile, is not a wonder of photo, but if you can expect a similar aging in yours, enjoy it in good health

personally I like very much the pipes with the natural color and sandblasted, I have a great weakness for the Ardor Terra for this, and even in many of my comissions I ask to the craftsman if the option to leave it as natural as possible, I like to see them aging with me and take colors that fascinate me.

Status
Not open for further replies.