PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wilblee

Lurker
Mar 2, 2021
Some might call them vices. I think of them as the major food groups. Nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, sugar, and...

If collecting things is a vice then I’m positively vicious. Guns, knives, guitars, amps, AV equipment, movies, music, Santa figures...

...oh, and pipes.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I don’t really know. I started about September of last year. I’ve got 6-8 boxes full. So many lbs. and I have a 4 drawer system for my daily go to. Top is Virginia based, 2nd is English/Balkan, 3rd is Burley/Kentucky etc, 4th is a catch all. Aromatics I don’t smoke anymore but give away some and jars I just can’t fit into a category but like. I would say I’ve got 60 jars open, not in boxes.

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
Vices? Not really. Fast cars, motorcycles, and beautiful women are the rewards of a life well lived, also, things Mrs. Rookie doesn't care for. Fishing and hunting aren't vices, but insurance in case I lose my job. I don't really drink anymore, and the doctors have me down to 2 caffinated drinks a day (down from a much more ungodly number), so for my three cups of coffee a day I can better afford to treat myself to Tim Hortons. Cigarettes and pipes I smoke for health, pipes for my mental health and cigarettes for my family's (so I don't murder them all in a nicotine withdrawal rampage). The other stuff is medicine, I have a prescription. And my music is meant to be played loud, my neighbors are lucky I have such good taste. So as you can see, no real vices.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I never have fully trusted anyone who seemed to lack a good "vice" or two.

Moses liked black women - and married one (admittedly this is not a real vice in the modern understanding of vice, but his sister, Mariam, certainly thought differently;
King David is renowned for them, recall Bathsheba;
Let's not even get started on Solomon;
Hosea liked his women to be a bit loose.

History is full of great people who had vices.

There's nothing like a little vice to spice up one's life.

Obviously, I am saying all of this with a bit of humor.

But... it remains true. We as pipe smokers have an obvious vice - smoking, buying tobacco, and apparently too many pipes.

My question is, what other vices do you have...?

As I stated somewhere else, I enjoy a good western boot, even if it is made out of sea turtles.

And like Moses, I enjoy my coffee black, just like my women...

I stand ready to be cancelled.
Had to laugh at both your use of black women and apparent not understanding your Biblical reference s. Miriam contracted leprosy for her criticism, but not because the wife was black.

Hosea was instructed to marry Gomer.

• Wow
Reactions: chopper

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Had to laugh at both your use of black women and apparent not understanding your Biblical reference s. Miriam contracted leprosy for her criticism, but not because the wife was black.

Hosea was instructed to marry Gomer.
I prefer my intentional twist on the stories to reinforce the dramatic impact of the story. It is an old habit from being a story teller.