Finally a Birthstone Skull for the Collection?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I thought of you yesterday. I just finished doing a gem show in Franklin, NC, and a vendor had a whole tent full of skulls carved in any gem material there is. The spectrolite skulls were fantastic.
Since seeing spectrolite I've had a search on ebay going. A few have popped up but as soon as a five inch one comes into my radar, it's bought. That size isn't too small and is big enough to start a detailed collection without taking up too much room.

20210731_025652.jpg

I really need to invest in a curio cabinet.

Since seeing spectrolite I've had a search on ebay going. A few have popped up but as soon as a five inch one comes into my radar, it's bought. That size isn't too small and is big enough to start a detailed collection without taking up too much room.

View attachment 90353

I really need to invest in a curio cabinet.
The gem show moved to Spruce Pines, and the vendor will be there. It’s not a huge distance from Kentucky. Maybe you could drive over. He had a huge selection. I should have picked up a business card for you. Next time I will for sure. At least it would give you a contact for getting more skulls for you in the future.

Reactions: Chasing Embers