PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Well; after viewing Cutter’s Way, I’ve gotta give it a 4.5/5. If it weren’t so darn depressing it be a 5/5.
Heard gives a powerful performance. And Bridges is phenomenal, as most of his early stuff was.
It’s just so darn dreary. Reminds me of another Bridges film Against all Odds, which was similarly dreary outlook/outcome.

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
today I will finish watching this series, "ZeroZeroZero" on Amazon Prime, narrates the adventures of a shipment of 5 tons of cocaine since it leaves its origin until it reaches its destination, I have seen 6 of the 8 chapters and I can already qualify it as a magnificent series, more than recommended, 4.8/5 because perfection is very complicated.

zerozerozero_tv_series-955699217-large.jpg

Reactions: STP and jpmcwjr

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Probably the best of the Western Renaissance films of the 80’s-90’s (Pale Rider, Young Guns etc).
A truly epic film, Kevin Costner’s breakout role, great supporting cast (Brian Dennehy, John Cleese, Jeff Goldblum, Danny Glover, Patricia Arquette.....)
Movies like this are few and far between, quality production, uncomplicated but meaningful story, great ensemble cast. 5/5A8F36072-C4A7-4BFB-9BBF-4C49A6A92BF0.jpeg

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Probably the best of the Western Renaissance films of the 80’s-90’s (Pale Rider, Young Guns etc).
A truly epic film, Kevin Costner’s breakout role, great supporting cast (Brian Dennehy, John Cleese, Jeff Goldblum, Danny Glover, Patricia Arquette.....)
Movies like this are few and far between, quality production, uncomplicated but meaningful story, great ensemble cast. 5/5View attachment 90094
Been a long time since I watched that one. Probably time to watch it again.

Reactions: Aomalley27

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
Justified…..3.75 out of 5. It’s entertaining

Ted Lasso was great…4.65/5

Better Call Saul, just finished season 4. Dare I say that my wife and I may like this series more than Breaking Bad 4.8/5

The Night Manager on Amazon Prime. 6 part series, awesome slow burner espionage type mini series from a le Carre novel…..4.7/5

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Justified…..3.75 out of 5. It’s entertaining

Ted Lasso was great…4.65/5

Better Call Saul, just finished season 4. Dare I say that my wife and I may like this series more than Breaking Bad 4.8/5

The Night Manager on Amazon Prime. 6 part series, awesome slow burner espionage type mini series from a le Carre novel…..4.7/5
Good stuff, all the above.

I'd rate the first season of Ted Lasso the same, but the first ep of S2 left me cold.
I'd go higher on Justified because I love Michelle Dockery!

Otherwise, right on for me. I think I'll rewatch The Night Manager in a year or two.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Some neo noir. Really good film. A sarcastic and sardonic lead; much akin to the Elliot Gould portrayal of Philip Marlowe in the Long Goodbye. (Though Adam Brody never portrays his Detective as a tough or a heavy like Gould did).
Both Dark Comedy, with a few really funny moments, but also a quite melancholy story overall.

Not the greatest of mysteries, but a terrific, character driven film. Really respect Brody for this film, he could have taken full on slapstick, or deadpan serious, but instead chose a route that makes his character both supremely arrogant, while also desperately suppressing his self doubt and fear. 4/51CEC999C-43E8-4A3A-BE12-E487526C4CF7.jpeg

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
ready to watch the third chapter of Varg Veum, "Until death do us part". ( Amazon Prime )i like this series, the atmosphere is really wonderfull and the plots are ingenious, and it has been very well translated to the movies, besides, each chapter is like a 90-minute movie, an ideal time if you want to go to bed early.

varg_veum_din_til_doden_yours_until_death-326773580-large.jpg

is a series based on the novels of Norwegian writer Gunnar Staalesen. I really like it and it gets a good adaptation, at the moment I can't put a rating, I'm only on the third movie of about 18 movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.