SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
I often think about my job and wish I had pursued a more romantic line of work such as: fire jumper, crab catcher, rodeo clown, bouncer, etc. but, I was always hesitant by the risk to one's life that these jobs pose. Can anyone suggest a career that is both romantic yet doesn't present so many opportunities for bodily harm?

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I often think about my job and wish I had pursued a more romantic line of work such as: fire jumper, crab catcher, rodeo clown, bouncer, etc. but, I was always hesitant by the risk to one's life that these jobs pose. Can anyone suggest a career that is both romantic yet doesn't present so many opportunities for bodily harm?
White water raft guide.

I was rather shocked to find out that fire jumpers only make $12-15 an hour, and it’s only a part-time job. Phhht….
I’m pretty happy with all of the stuff I do for a living. For me, the key is diversity. I would hate my life if I just had one job, come home after work, and wait for a paycheck. F that! I’m not even sure how you one job guys don’t just go crazy.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I think you should resolve to conquer your fears and inhibitions once and for all (whiskey helps) and just go out and become the rodeo clown you were born to be. Live the dream.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Male prostitute although I have heard its a pain in the arse. Midget wrestling referee could interesting, perhaps working for ICE deporting hobbits that have snuck into the country illegally from Canada and have over stayed their visas. Perhaps teaching people to hang glide in a chest of drawers. Maybe you could consider becoming a Minion trainer or even an evil genius like Gru from the Despicable Me film series. The possibilities are endless.

• Haha
Reactions: bullet08 and jpberg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This depends entirely on what you find romantic, as previous posts have suggested. You don't want high physical risk. So you have to find romance in something relatively safe. This would involve interesting people in a lively dynamic situation. Then it its a question of what talents you bring to bear. Are you a mathematical mind, an engineering/mechanical mind, an management/organization person, etc. Some of the less hazardous job holders I've encountered that might be seen as romantic are: a chaplain for NASCAR; a therapist for the Green Bay Packers; a p.r. person for a basic biomedical institute; a graphic design director for the Chicago Board of Trade. But you have to write your own script. All of those may sound really not romantic. So know yourself, and follow your intuition.

Reactions: JOHN72

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Sorry, it was a joke on the STD.
so you really don't mind the catching of them it's the realizing you've caught them that bugs you. Cause trust me everyone who I've known that's caught them considered that part lots of fun up until they realized what bonus prize they got. Though let's be honest not the worst parasite you can get from sex (fetuses are much worse, nine months and then you get emotionally attached and take care of them for at least 18 years).

Reactions: tobefrank