PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermTheMann

Lurker
Jun 13, 2021
Hullo all! This is my first post, so I hope you'll be forgiving. :) Also if I'm in the wrong place please do let me know.

I'm trying to find a blend (or a good similar product) that an ex gave to me when he tried it and hated it. He said it reminded him of "eating Yardley soap with roses and a mild odor of disinfectant underneath and a lot of saccharine added to it." Knowing I'm fond of sweet floral things he gave it to me, and I simply adored it. But alas he hasn't spoken to me in over a year, so I have no way of finding out which blend it was. I liked it on its own, but it also brought plenty of nostalgia.

I fully recognize that this may get me crucified but I have no one else to ask.

Thanks in advance! ^^

MarcosEZLN

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Birch Bay, WA, USA
Hullo all! This is my first post, so I hope you'll be forgiving. :) Also if I'm in the wrong place please do let me know.

I'm trying to find a blend (or a good similar product) that an ex gave to me when he tried it and hated it. He said it reminded him of "eating Yardley soap with roses and a mild odor of disinfectant underneath and a lot of saccharine added to it." Knowing I'm fond of sweet floral things he gave it to me, and I simply adored it. But alas he hasn't spoken to me in over a year, so I have no way of finding out which blend it was. I liked it on its own, but it also brought plenty of nostalgia.

I fully recognize that this may get me crucified but I have no one else to ask.

Thanks in advance! ^^
Any memory of it having a clove flavor? If not, my best guesses are Kendal Flake or Grasmere. There are plenty of Lakeland blend fans here, don't worry about being judged.

HermTheMann

Lurker
Jun 13, 2021
Any memory of it having a clove flavor? If not, my best guesses are Kendal Flake or Grasmere. There are plenty of Lakeland blend fans here, don't worry about being judged.
Thank you; I don't recall a clove flavor but I may look more into that. I do like cloves. And I appreciate the reassurance that I won't be judged. A friend of a friend at a party said "Well I'm sure if nothing else it goes nicely with your petticoat." lol

HermTheMann

Lurker
Jun 13, 2021
Can't that person be big enough to answer a simple question?
Last time I spoke to him a few years ago (Keep in mind this was months after the breakup) telling him he left something in my bureau he told me to keep it, never speak to him again, and do the world a favor and (how do I phrase this in a forum appropriate way?) light the oven and follow in the path of Sylvia Plath

Needless to say I don't exactly have access to that bit of knowledge.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not a Lakeland smoker, but the Lakeland aromatics are famous for the rose geranium scent, sometimes derisively call grandma's bathmat. It is present in a number of their aromatics, so much so that people designate specific pipes for smoking only Lakelands because the scent/taste persistently remains in pipes in which they've been smoked. So any Lakeland aromatic might do, if that is the scent/taste you crave.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
My favourite first post to date. Welcome aboard. Stick around long enough and someone will eventually judge you...but that’s a sign of endearment.

Look at what’s in stock at some of the forum sponsors who sell GH in 2oz quantities, get a variety, and enjoy the rabbit hole. It’s one of my favourite genres (is that correct term these days?) of tobacco.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Try Kendal Flake, Ennerdale, Grasmere or Brown Flake Scented. Those are good places to begin. Good luck!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I say bug them about it. Tell them that you're new (whatever would bug them the most) really wants to try and and promises to do one of those things they would never do (like sky diving or whatever) if you find it. Probably won't work.
Oh and generally it's a bad idea to follow my advice on such matters.
My real suggestion is try a bunch of different blends that may be it.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Only Lakeland I have tried is Emmerdale. Maybe they all taste somewhat similar but your description is exactly how I would describe Emmerdale (as previously mentioned above).

Reactions: anotherbob
Oct 7, 2016
Give up. Lots of fine non Lakeland tobaccos out there. Trying to buy any Lakeland these days is like trying to file a claim during a gold rush.

Your ex probably gave the sample to you hoping for Sylvia Plath results. Without the bother of the oven.

Do I really need to insert an emoji?

The ones mentioned are all different. Which is to say you have a lot of good smoking ahead of you whenever the next shipment “drops”. If you act quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.