PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I have listened to most, surely not all of the pipes magazine radio show with Brian Levine, who asks his interviewees;
'when it's time to relax, which do you prefer, a book, a movie, or music?"

I'm sitting here on the 'back porch' in a rocking chair with a nice pipe and some tea as the sun rises and I've got mother nature on the 'radio'.

I hear birds. Not a bunch and not continually, but "The Master's" kind...chirping and singing now and then...and I'm thinking that I relax most when I shut off the media and listen to the world. I'm lucky to live in a somewhat rural/quiet neck 'o the woods.

OK...on behalf of Brian, ?

C

carolinasmokes

I do the same newbroom, my deck is right on the edge of a tree line and small creek. I enjoy the early morning with a bowl and cup of coffee watching the bunnies forage for food and the red birds build their nests in the tree line. I love the stillness of early morning, the peace and quiet is very relaxing and contemplative.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
We've spent the years slowly and at times not so slowly redoing our pretty modestly sized yards here in LA with native plants, so we get more than our share of birds, bees (bright yellow native CA carpenter bees) and other critter, and I'm usually also out among them when I smoke a pipe (as in the recently changed avatar). It's possible to find quiet and hear what's out in nature even in the midst of a big city. I am hoping on an upcoming vacation to NorCal and the mountains I'll be able to supersize this experience.

But is also answering "a book and music" cheating?

Jan 27, 2020
I like to sit immersed nature's own pallet of sounds while smoking with my pipe occasionally accompanied by the clack of my abacus.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I'm retired and so time is always on my side. Sit on the porch and enjoy looking at my forest of trees and birds and squirrels...always some life drama going on...enjoy what the Lord gave me to enjoy.