PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dies_Irae

Lurker
May 8, 2021
Rhode Island
I have recently begun smoking the pipe again and to say again isn't quite correct as I never really began correctly in the first place. Buy once, cry once is a motto I like, so I stocked up on baccys to start my cellar. I enjoy all the different types of tobacco so I bought a little of everything. I bought two tins of each besides aromatics which I only bought one of each.

In addition to the tins I already 1.75 of the following in jars that I am smoking:

English:
Peterson Standard Mixture
Peterson Early Morning Pipe
SPC Plum Pudding SR Flake

Virginia:
Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia
Orlik Golden Sliced
Peterson Flake

Va/Per:
Escudo
Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls
Sutliff Crumble Kake Va Perique

Burley:
Peterson University Flake
Mac Baren HH Burley Flake
Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired

I think between the jars and tins I should be busy for awhile! I am sure by the time I get to some of these they will have a decent age on them. Hopefully I will narrow in on what I like the most.

P.S. I accidentally ordered (2) SPC Plum Pudding Bourbon Barrel Aged in addition to the Special Reserve Flake. I am looking for two tins of Escudo if anyone would like to trade. If not I will just keep it.

tempImage3Lxinz.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For starting out, you have done an informed job of assembling a stash. Take it slow and savor the experiences. Depending on your rate of consumption, that could last a few years, especially if you resupply now and then.

Reactions: Dies_Irae

Dies_Irae

Lurker
May 8, 2021
Rhode Island
For starting out, you have done an informed job of assembling a stash. Take it slow and savor the experiences. Depending on your rate of consumption, that could last a few years, especially if you resupply now and then.
Thanks a lot. As I said I have three of each type opened in jars that I am going to slowly smoke through. As a jar runs out I will replace it with a new blend of the same type, and reorder a new tin to replace the freshly opened one. That way I will have one tin of each that will age for “forever” and a second older tin. That’s the plan at least.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Excellent! Some great choices in there.

It's nice seeing someone starting with such variety. With that selection you'll never get bored but you might still want to dabble in some good aromatics and lakelands.

Reactions: Dies_Irae and BROBS

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Thanks a lot. As I said I have three of each type opened in jars that I am going to slowly smoke through. As a jar runs out I will replace it with a new blend of the same type, and reorder a new tin to replace the freshly opened one. That way I will have one tin of each that will age for “forever” and a second older tin. That’s the plan at least.
If you plan like me, that stash will double in size with new blends. I’ve binged a time or two on tobacco. And, I bought a whole bunch of crap I will likely never smoke. I figured if I got a lot of different styles in smaller quantities to start, discovering what I reach for the most will help build my cellar. I would guess that pipe tobacco is like cigars and your taste will change over time. Mine does anyway. Pipes seem to be a slightly different journey than cigars, but they’re both fun and exciting! Enjoy.

Reactions: Dies_Irae
Status
Not open for further replies.