You are Guaranteed to get One Hard-to-get Blend. Which One would You Choose?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnoblecigarro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2020
Oh, so many tobaccos I would like to try. But two American tobaccos come to my mind:

Haunted Bookshop by Cornell & Diehl

Sleepy Hollow by Straus.

Either one would be great. I would take Haunted Bookshop for a whole tin and Sleepy Hollow could be just one bowl type of situation. So depends on if I get whole tin or just one bowl.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I love Motzek Strang, but it has a very individual flavor profile that’s not for everyone. It does need a bit of prep and it’s so wet that it makes Gawith seem mummified. If Strang isn’t well dried, to the extent it has any flavor, it tastes terrible. With the proper prep it’s an amazing smoke.
I dried it, tried prepping it different ways, everything I could think of. Just wasn’t my style, but I am glad you like it and have a good stash of it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just to get to use the word quotidian, I'll make the quotidian (routine) selection of a tall tin of Frog Morton Cellar, though I wouldn't pay the going price. Okay, back to Europe with these selections. I saw the word quotidian in a caption in (wait for it) Motor Trend, in an article comparing one of the 1920's electric cars with the Model T.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Murray’s era Warrior Plug, Erinmore Plug
Everything ever made by Gallaher, Especially Condor Twist.

D6C41A0D-6F91-4F98-8D6E-8F9165CD7F44.jpeg

I’ve had Ogden’s era St. Bruno but it was too aged for my tastes. If I could get my hands on a pristine tin of Ogden’s St. Bruno Flake in a cutter top tin, that would certainly make the list but I would never pay the prices these old tobaccos demand, a man can dream though.

Fun thread!

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Stonehenge is alright, but it's no LPF
I've seen so many reviews saying they are the same. I have both, and do tend to favor the Louisiana Flake a bit over my open, unaged tin of Stonehenge, but I assumed it was just batch and tin variation as they do seem very similar and I would be hard pressed to describe the differences.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
I've seen so many reviews saying they are the same. I have both, and do tend to favor the Louisiana Flake a bit over my open, unaged tin of Stonehenge, but I assumed it was just batch and tin variation as they do seem very similar and I would be hard pressed to describe the differences.
Whenever I first opened a tin of Stonehenge I was so excited because it smelled so similar to LPF and LPF is one of my favorites. But, the more I smoked it, the more I had to admit that it Just doesn't get there for me like LPF. You're right though, I think the differences are very subtle. I've never had aged Stonehenge so maybe a few years takes it closer to LPF.

BradCo

Lurker
Aug 20, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.