PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I really enjoyed it when I went slow and just barely kept it lit. However, I am rarely able to do that once it happens. I slow down and get that nice sweet taste and get excited and just puff till it's a burning mess. I've got half a tin of it jarred up that I haven't touched in 6 months or so. Might have to give it another go.

I totally just toss any review out that says that a pipe blend tastes like "cigarettes.:" Especially since they don't mention which brand, and only a dufus morn who can't taste anything would assume that all cigarettes taste alike. At least give us the decency of telling whether they mean a Winston, Marlboro Red, or a Camel Light. And, if someone can't tell the differences in these, they shouldn't use the reference, or they can't taste anything to begin with. Usually anyone who uses this in a review just can't taste tobaccos yet.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I received a sample when it was first put out and it was just too mild for me. I can enjoy a mild blend, but it has to have something interesting going on. I smoked the whole sample, but it never delivered, for me. Others like it well, so consider that too.

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
I literally had my first bowl of this yesterday evening. Go for it! It was much more Virginia forward than I anticipated, seeing as most people refer to it as a burley blend. There’s some nice Virginia sweetness and citrus notes that bounce off the earthy nutty burleys. It’s the first time I really started to taste what a burley brings to the blend. I thought it was great. Definitely worth trying it.

Yay from me

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Not possible without paper burning, sounds like someone was smoking it too fast.

Yay
when I read that a blend taste like hot air or cigarettes I always think "this person doesn't know how to get the best smoke out of a pipe".
Warning about to throw out an inappropriate joke.
Pipe tobacco is the opposite of the other great pleasure in life in as much as it's best when it's dry and loose. ;)

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I've been trying to fall in love with Briar Fox for the last 3-4 months since I bought quite a bit of it without having tasted it but it just isn't happening. I don't know about it tasting like cigarettes but it just does not taste like it's description. It does taste like....... :oops: nothing, to me. I guess the best description would be "tastes like paper burning". I don't smoke fast at all. I like to give all tobaccos a bit of time to embrace my taste buds so maybe it will get better by this time next year.

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.