PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
Snapped up this little beauty on the Weekend, and already delivered in DK even if I had to pay import duty/VAT before it was released (that's the risk if ordering from outside the EU). I wanted a classic shaped silver Spigot for a more robust handling of my constant filter changes. The only slight issue I have is that I am not happy with the switch from hard fitted cases to pouches. I don't use expensive boxes or nice looking pouches, so this will make me think twice before I just throw the pipe in my bag on the way out.

View attachment 74086

I get it, man, I recently picked up one of the most expensive pipes they had on offer, and was surprised to find that its main protection is a skin pouch. I’d personally much prefer the durability of a to-fit pipe case.

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
I get it, man, I recently picked up one of the most expensive pipes they had on offer, and was surprised to find that its main protection is a skin pouch. I’d personally much prefer the durability of a to-fit pipe case.
Dear @Copernicuslyrun and @goldenmole
Firstly thanks for your orders.
I'm sorry for the disappointment i have caused, but on our website, the product page includes all the features of the pipe you will buy, as well as box information also with images.
IMG_20210407_230113.jpgScreenshot_2021-04-07-23-00-10-762_com.android.chrome.jpgALTINAY_MEERSCHAUM_1851_2021-04-02.jpg
Also if you could make a request for the fitted case I would be glad to help.

Finally I would like to emphasize that meerschaum is not less durable than briar.

Regards
Said

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
I'm sorry for the disappointment i have caused, but on our website, the product page includes all the features of the pipe you will buy, as well as box information also with images.
View attachment 74191View attachment 74192View attachment 74193

Finally I would like to emphasize that meerschaum is not less durable than briar.

Regards
Said

Oh, of course, and thanks again, Said. Trust me, it’s barely a complaint, more of an observation. It was just surprising for the price that it wasn’t in a case, not that I didn’t read over the stats before purchasing. It’s really no worry. I’m in no way trying to throw shade, you and your father make some of the best pipes, period, in my opinion.

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
Oh, of course, and thanks again, Said. Trust me, it’s barely a complaint, more of an observation. It was just surprising for the price that it wasn’t in a case, not that I didn’t read over the stats before purchasing. It’s really no worry. I’m in no way trying to throw shade, you and your father make some of the best pipes, period, in my opinion.
You're welcome.
Of course you can criticize or make complaint. It's your right.
I just wanted to explain that we don't surprise anyone.
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstood

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
View attachment 74191View attachment 74192View attachment 74193

Regards
Said
I am actually very happy with the pipe, and the fast service, and knew I would not be getting a case (never said I was surprised). I just mentioned that from my perspective as a customer the lack of a case is taking away a standard feature (my assumption.. I might be wrong) of meerschaum pipes that is actually very useful. I dont doubt that meerschaum is durable (as attested by a lot of beautiful 100 year old meerschaum-pipes you can see on this forum), but would still think it is more likely to break or scratch.
Keep up the good work @Said.ALTINAY

Last edited:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
If going to a bag saves me $10, I'm all for it. I've got a desk drawer filled with pipe bags I never use. I haven't found Meers to be that fragile.
Agreed, I really don't use them either, but then I only smoke at home.

Their pouches and boxes are of very high quality and I'd just as soon have them, but I can see where someone would want the case if they're going to carry their meer around a lot away from home, in which case it'd be worth requesting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.