PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
I see. It's just that the stem seemed rather thin for a Vauen to me, and I know they do make a number of non-filtered ones.
I don't usually buy filter pipes, this is the only 1 I have actually. The deal I was given was so good there was no passing it up. Turned out to be a great smoker. Also, I don't usually go for bowl coatings etc. This came with 1, so I treated it as a ready to go pipe, and filled the bowl right out of the gate. Zero problems there, so whatever they use works well, I didn't get any off flavor with it either.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I don't usually buy filter pipes, this is the only 1 I have actually. The deal I was given was so good there was no passing it up. Turned out to be a great smoker. Also, I don't usually go for bowl coatings etc. This came with 1, so I treated it as a ready to go pipe, and filled the bowl right out of the gate. Zero problems there, so whatever they use works well, I didn't get any off flavor with it either.
I did end up with a black tongue upon smoking that Quixx the first time: too much bowl coating. Weird, since I normally take out a lot of the coating upon preliminary disinfection when I get a new pipe.

Whether it's the coating or the finish or what have you, what I like about Vauens is that, well, at least mine, their rims are basically impossible to char, even with direct application of a flamethrower Bic flame.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Whether it's the coating or the finish or what have you, what I like about Vauens is that, well, at least mine, their rims are basically impossible to char, even with direct application of a flamethrower Bic flame.
I have not done enough testing of that to say if it just yours with that feature...

Reactions: Bassman65