PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Peterson 3Ps tobacco, and 1 of those universal windscreens I had seen mentioned in a recent post on here. There were some rather favorable thoughts regarding the windcap, so when I took a trip to my local tobacco store and found 1 in stock for 3 bucks...why not. The plug tobacco was a bit hard to get lit, and by nature is a bit cooler burning than some others I normally smoke, but the windcap seem to do a nice job. I will be giving it some more testing coming up as we have had the kind of winds that push everyone trash barrels a few driveways in any direction for about the last week or so. The tobacco was an interesting smoke, on the mild side in flavor. I felt like I was getting some light citrus type of flavor in the beginning of the bowl, and definitely some classic VA. I did start to taste a little ashy at the end. Not really an informed experience with just 1 go at it in maybe less than ideal circumstances, but it burned the whole time I was outside changing the oil on the van, and cleaning up after with some time to spare. So no complaints here.0306211454.jpg

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ

Peterson 3Ps tobacco, and 1 of those universal windscreens I had seen mentioned in a recent post on here. There were some rather favorable thoughts regarding the windcap, so when I took a trip to my local tobacco store and found 1 in stock for 3 bucks...why not. The plug tobacco was a bit hard to get lit, and by nature is a bit cooler burning than some others I normally smoke, but the windcap seem to do a nice job. I will be giving it some more testing coming up as we have had the kind of winds that push everyone trash barrels a few driveways in any direction for about the last week or so. The tobacco was an interesting smoke, on the mild side in flavor. I felt like I was getting some light citrus type of flavor in the beginning of the bowl, and definitely some classic VA. I did start to taste a little ashy at the end. Not really an informed experience with just 1 go at it in maybe less than ideal circumstances, but it burned the whole time I was outside changing the oil on the van, and cleaning up after with some time to spare. So no complaints here.View attachment 69357
Good review and very good writing!

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ

Peterson 3Ps tobacco, and 1 of those universal windscreens I had seen mentioned in a recent post on here. There were some rather favorable thoughts regarding the windcap, so when I took a trip to my local tobacco store and found 1 in stock for 3 bucks...why not. The plug tobacco was a bit hard to get lit, and by nature is a bit cooler burning than some others I normally smoke, but the windcap seem to do a nice job. I will be giving it some more testing coming up as we have had the kind of winds that push everyone trash barrels a few driveways in any direction for about the last week or so. The tobacco was an interesting smoke, on the mild side in flavor. I felt like I was getting some light citrus type of flavor in the beginning of the bowl, and definitely some classic VA. I did start to taste a little ashy at the end. Not really an informed experience with just 1 go at it in maybe less than ideal circumstances, but it burned the whole time I was outside changing the oil on the van, and cleaning up after with some time to spare. So no complaints here.View attachment 69357
BTW, that looks like a small semi auto behind the tin. In Massachusetts?

Reactions: ophiuchus

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A Forums member sent me a 3P sample and I thought it was quite good. Recently I smoked a tin of Peterson's Irish Flake and I highly recommend it. An alternative to a wind cap is to fill a deep-chambered pipe about 2/3rds full. This also provides a little chamber out of the wind to help light the leaf.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
A Forums member sent me a 3P sample and I thought it was quite good. Recently I smoked a tin of Peterson's Irish Flake and I highly recommend it. An alternative to a wind cap is to fill a deep-chambered pipe about 2/3rds full. This also provides a little chamber out of the wind to help light the leaf.
An excellent point, thank you. Most of my pipes with deeper chambers that may work with this idea are not the best for doing car work at the same time. I may have to do some more relaxed comparison testing.