Have You Ever Had One Of Those Pipe Smoking Days Where...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Have You Ever Had One Of Those Pipe Smoking Days Where... you just can't catch the flavor from your tobacco?

I used to attribute this to sinuses; and often on those days, after a hot, steamy shower - and clearing my sinuses - the effect would be alleviated. However, today isn't that day, as nothing seems to be working.

Has this ever happened to you? What's your go-to remedy; if any? - Sherm Natman

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
What's your go-to remedy; if any?

Some of this:
iStock-458736365-350x350.jpg

and some of this:
081153801302.jpg

????

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Have You Ever Had One Of Those Pipe Smoking Days Where... you just can't catch the flavor from your tobacco?

I used to attribute this to sinuses; and often on those days, after a hot, steamy shower - and clearing my sinuses - the effect would be alleviated. However, today isn't that day, as nothing seems to be working.

clean your pipes more. Seriously. I tend to be some what lax about cleaning my pipes and one of them didn't sour it kind of went flat. Cleaned out the whole thing and gosh darn it the flavor popped so much. And I know you said they call you dirty pipes or something like that. So get some swabs and get to work I bet you'll notice a much sharper and well defined flavor.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Drink a gallon of absinthe, smoke PCP, and start yodeling naked outside during an electrical storm. I know it sounds peculiar, but it works every time...I've heard.
Why must you keep trying to get everyone in on the Tuesday ritual? They don't need it. I told you what's the point of a club if you try to get everyone to join!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Why must you keep trying to get everyone in on the Tuesday ritual? They don't need it. I told you what's the point of a club if you try to get everyone to join!
Wait...Tuesday ritual?!? Hmmm...no wonder this whole week things just seemed "off." Ugh...I gotta stop hotboxing Captain Black Midnight Gold. Wait, did I just say that out loud? :confused:

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob

bbqpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 27, 2019
Arizona

I usually wait a few days before smoking another bowl especially if my allergies are acting up.

Reactions: JOHN72

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale

Sherm, you're almost there man...you've cut the words in your title down to only eleven!!! Good job! Only about eight more to go... rotf

danish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2017
Denmark
Buzzing brass increases the smell and sense of taste. A mouthpiece would suffice but that is perhaps more boring. Both may however also help keeping social distance.
6BBD42C5-E4E0-427F-A3AD-F30F081413CD.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72