PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Angler's Dream in a 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 egg with a smooth brown front and a black sandblasted back with a dark gold ferrule and black vulcanite stem in the military mount style. This pipe has smoke four tubs of Angler's Dream. I just went along for the ride.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
This is bound to annoy some tea drinkers, but have you just tried Lipton Black Tea. I'm an occasional tea drinker and like it to be strong. I grew up drinking sun tea and my family liked it very strong.

Lipton back tea, although it is very fine ground powder, and genreally thought of as not real tea, my wife was taught different. She was a regional manager and trainer for Peet's Coffee and Tea and traveled quite a bout learning about both. She learned that Lipton is acutally scraps from high quality tea production. I've had all kinds of English Breakfast Blends, including my trips to England, but have never found anything as bold and strong as Lipton Black Tea. I still make jugs of sun tea, but during the winter, a bag or two in a large mug hits strong tea flavor needs. Sometimes black, but I love creamed and sugared tea.

I wish I was sitting on Portland (England) in the little cafe on he bluff having Cream Tea service right now.

Based on reviews of Lipton from some Brits, I'm sure I will offend or annoy some with this response. I have no interest in any of Liptons bottled products as they all taste horribly sweet and synthetic. I suppose you learn to love what you were brought up on...
I’m a Brit, and like tobacco tea is a personal thing. That said I’d much rather be sitting outside a cafe in Portland (Oregon) drinking my favourite coffee (hair bender). Ahh good times.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Petes Navy Rolls in a Ornsby pipe. When I first fired this up it started gurgling pretty quickly, the hole is right through the bottom of the bowl. I fixed the problem by loosening a little flake and folding it over the hole and re-packing on top, it smoked beautifully after that. These pipes were only made for around five years, the company folded in 1980. image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.