PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
I just ordered the Peaty Kentucky.How is the flavor,in your opinion?
I‘m sure it’s a Mac Baren product but there is none of the Mac B “proprietary cavendish,” just regular DFK and bright VA. It strikes me as what a coin cut entry to the HH line might be like. The DFK starts off very light but builds quickly and picks up the lead by the half way point. It’s good and worth a try but at $28 for 50g this will be it for me.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and asparagus dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm almost a third of the way through this bowl of well aged Cope’s Escudo in a 1980s White Pipe straight lattice apple meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Have enough left for a smaller bowl. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
WhitePipe_Apple80s copy.jpg

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
A friend sent me some Cornell and Diehl House Reserve. It doesn't get discussed much at all on forums and I wonder if the "exclusivity" marketing isn't backfiring a little. Enjoying it in a Beacon House sandblasted billiard. This pipe was made by Parker, and is named after their original premises, called Beacon House.
IMG_20210127_202836.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Glorious CONDOR Plug in a Meer...
qK64tbI.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am part way through this bowl of year 2008 Dunhill 965 in an undated unbranded straight black sandblasted short shank billiard with a long black vulcanite tapered stem. Off to the studio to put the finishing touches on this Archie story. Ice water and bergs is my drink.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Early 20th cent. Bakelite one-piece Lady's Leg pipe with brass bowl mount
+ Dunhill NIGHTCAP:-
View attachment 62574

Watching BIRD MAN OF ALCATRAZ

Speaking about one-piece pipes got me thinking about same in other materials such as metal or wood which unlike one-piece clay pipes were not commonplace:-
One-piece iron churchwarden
One-piece cherry wood carved from trunk and branch
One-piece briar x2 - A.D.P with pointed spur and EROS ONE PIECE BRIAR in petite size
One-piece walnut with marine ivory 'bite' (Icelandic fisherman's pipe)
View attachment 62575

HOLY CRAP! :oops:

Please make a post in one of the pipe sections when you have time, showing us these cabinets and all your pipes, pretty please! ?

46908FEF-072E-4798-9F10-7F7BEFBAB8DC.jpeg

Erinmore Flake in an unfinished Savinelli Series III lumberman.

View attachment 62605

Well it finally looks like you dropped one in the washing machine.... LOL rotf

Time to move to the living room... ?

8C1A2310-A03F-4A3D-91C2-EDC2C4A22F99.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.