Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've talked to a few folks, we are going to get together at Edwards Pipe & Tobacco Shop at 3235 Henderson Blvd, Tampa, FL 33609 on Saturday January 16th around 1:30 PM until whenever we wish to finish, or they throw us out. I spoke to the Owner, Gordon Smith, today and he's eager to host us. They will provide the set ups, BYOB. This is informal, if you live close enough to attend or will be in the area, stop in. Please post here if you are fairly certain you can attend so we can get an approximate head count. I can't speak for anyone else but I'll be bringing a few special blends and a bottle of good bourbon to share with other folks who will be there.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow pipe smokers. If this works out, perhaps it is something we can do once every month or two.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I've talked to a few folks, we are going to get together at Edwards Pipe & Tobacco Shop at 3235 Henderson Blvd, Tampa, FL 33609 on Saturday January 16th around 1:30 PM until whenever we wish to finish, or they throw us out. I spoke to the Owner, Gordon Smith, today and he's eager to host us. They will provide the set ups, BYOB. This is informal, if you live close enough to attend or will be in the area, stop in. Please post here if you are fairly certain you can attend so we can get an approximate head count. I can't speak for anyone else but I'll be bringing a few special blends and a bottle of good bourbon to share with other folks who will be there.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow pipe smokers. If this works out, perhaps it is something we can do once every month or two.
What bourbon did you end up bringing?

Reactions: BROBS
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Had a great time at Edwards. Bob/gamzultovah is a great guy, very like minded. I feel like I made a friend who has the potential to become a very good friend. We swapped stories and some tobacco. Bob is very intelligent, well read and successful. We were there 4 1/2 hours, until the shop closed, and it felt like it was 2 hours. We'll do this again some time in February, I hope more FL folks can make it.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Had a great time at Edwards. Bob/gamzultovah is a great guy, very like minded. I feel like I made a friend who has the potential to become a very good friend. We swapped stories and some tobacco. Bob is very intelligent, well read and successful. We were there 4 1/2 hours, until the shop closed, and it felt like it was 2 hours. We'll do this again some time in February, I hope more FL folks can make it.
The feeling is more than mutual, Mark. I had a get time and enjoyed your company very much...and, yes, the time did fly, didn’t it? I’m looking forward to the our next meeting and hopefully, making a few more new friends. Til next time, stay safe, my friend.