Hello from a Snowy Westchester County, NY!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
Pleased to meet you all! I live in Westchester County (which is a very large county), just a short drive, about 25 minutes, to NYC.

I smoked a pipe briefly while in college, but took the pipe up again this past Spring, as lockdown started. I've amassed a pretty good collection of pipes (functional, but nothing too fancy) and way too many tins of tobacco, plus a few bulk bags). Lately, I've been sad about the demise of Daughters & Ryan's Picayune tobacco, and trying to find a good replacement. It was my go to for a good nic-hit. I like C&D's Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz, but I feel like their must be tastier options out there with high nic. Looking for suggestions. The Royal Yacht is another good one. But their must be something darker!

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Pleased to meet you all! I live in Westchester County (which is a very large county), just a short drive, about 25 minutes, to NYC.

I smoked a pipe briefly while in college, but took the pipe up again this past Spring, as lockdown started. I've amassed a pretty good collection of pipes (functional, but nothing too fancy) and way too many tins of tobacco, plus a few bulk bags). Lately, I've been sad about the demise of Daughters & Ryan's Picayune tobacco, and trying to find a good replacement. It was my go to for a good nic-hit. I like C&D's Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz, but I feel like their must be tastier options out there with high nic. Looking for suggestions. The Royal Yacht is another good one. But their must be something darker!
Welcome from Arizona! I lived in Port Chester for a time. You'll enjoy this forum. C&D burley based can pack a nic hit. Jeremy uses excellent leaf. I'm a va/per guy so others may have suggestions.

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
Welcome from Arizona! I lived in Port Chester for a time. You'll enjoy this forum. C&D burley based can pack a nic hit. Jeremy uses excellent leaf. I'm a va/per guy so others may have suggestions.

I don't actually prefer Burley blends, I like va/pers better. I'm open to lots of different types, except not so much aromatics. Im open, though, to anything with a combination of high-nic and a decent room note. The holy grail, perhaps!

J.Henry845

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
Welcome from Dutchess County, NY.

Peterson Irish Flake, SG 1792, G&H Dark Birdseye and Dark Flake Scented, MacBaren HH Bold Kentucky, and Five Bothers all have a higher than average nicotine. My wife loves the smell of 1792. The only thing she can't stand is SG Black XX.

Prunetucky84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2020
Clovis, CA

Welcome Jeremia, from Fresno California! You want a high nicotine hit, try any of the ropes from Gawith and Hogarth, particularly Happy Brown Bogie! It’s probably the most accurate in strength and flavor to the Virginia that the colonists smoked before they discovered flue curing in the 1830’s.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
thanks! I enjoy Bayou Night. I have a tin of Bayou Morning that I haven’t opened yet, so I’d like to hear what you think!
Hello! Bayou Night has more going on with Latakia and orientals, but I found the BM to be a fairly simple va/per. Lots of perique and dark and light Virginias. I was expecting a bigger nic hit but I’m a sipper who keeps tobacco barely lit, so I’ll need a few more bowls to find out. Enjoy!

Reactions: chopper
Status
Not open for further replies.