PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
Nicely played, and welcome to the forum!

I had the pleasure of the company of some Kiwi soldiers when I was deployed in Egypt...those gents could drink!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Let me guess. Growing marijuana is or will soon be legal in NZ, but growing your own tobacco is illegal.
Not quite. We can still grow tobacco on our own land for our own consumption. Also in regards to the legalisation of marijuana, we recently had a public referendum that coincided with our general elections and the public voted against it

Reactions: jpmcwjr
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Not quite. We can still grow tobacco on our own land for our own consumption. Also in regards to the legalisation of marijuana, we recently had a public referendum that coincided with our general elections and the public voted against it
Glad I'm not correct, in this case. I'm a huge fan of Jacinda Ardern! I nominate her for World Prime Minister.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
BriarLinedMeer,
Welcome from across the pond.
Looks like we need to invite a lot more of you Kiwis over to Oz to infect our politicians with a dose of your common sense

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
While I don’t agree with all of the governments policies, I do celebrate and champion any nation that chooses to elect a woman, especially one who was pregnant, as their leader. I think it’s a symbolic and strong counter-hegemonic discourse of what is usually associated with power.

4590C1AE-7AC3-42D9-B913-E02E7DDB4827.jpeg

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Smoking crushed diamonds would be cheaper, if you're a smoker in NZ, they want you gone mate.
Wait until they start doing to our mates in AUS! Ripping up granddads tobacco plants out of his garden, fascism at its best.
G'day Kiwi. Welcome from Oz.
You'll like it here - good people [Well, smoking a pipe is a sign of a decent kind of individual puffy ]

Haven't heard of the Feds busting anyone for growing baccy for personal use but I wouldn't put it past the useless arseholes.
Growing tobacco [for personal use] actually draws harsher penalties than for growing cannabis. :eek:

They can go f*ck themselves as far as I'm concerned. I've been growing the last couple of years to supplement for when my stash of commercial blends gets low.

It's a steep learning curve for sure - drying and curing in particular - but it's so worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.