PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
iO18cPdl.jpg

What is beneath that stogie? Are those prayer beads? A necklace maybe??

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Nat Sherman Epoca Admiral Robusto (5x52). I won a mixed 5 pack of Nat Sherman cigars from JR Cigar. I figured that these would be good lawn mowing smokes. This one is Dominican made , Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers and an Ecuadorian Connecticut shade wrapper. They were apparently promoted as upscale smoke. I believe it was quite good for how I purposed it. Very mild to medium smoke, very little complexity, very good construction. Nat Sherman is gone but, I am sure that they are still available out there. I won’t be buying any but, I would not turn down a free one :)

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Any good? Have seen mixed reviews on this one. Does it compare to any other HdM?
In terms of flavor, they are very good. The only Hoyos I've had other than this are all three Epicures and the Petit Robusto. The closest would be a box of Epicure Especiales that I had a few years ago, though not quite as good as the EEs. Sweet, creamy, floral/fruity and a bit fuller in body and flavor than the boxes of the #1 and #2 that I've had. Construction wise, mostly OKish. Draws were fine on probably 9 out of 10, wrappers are a bit fireproof and require some relights. I would buy more, absolutely. Thought they were good fresh, too, and they come in 10 CT boxes which I always appreciate.

Nov 15, 2020
Casa Cugat, California
I've always thought they'd be good in the lancero/panatela size.

Now smoking a Viaje Green Zombie. Having had two of three green and two of the red, both are good, but three green is definitely my favorite. As expected as I usually prefer Criollo or Habano-seed wrappers in general to Mexican San Andres. Viaje Red Zombie is a good San Andres, though.

View attachment 52591
Oooh lala ?

Status
Not open for further replies.