PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I’m glad yours showed up. After being guaranteed that my order would be shipped Friday it was not. In processing purgatory I remain.
Yeah mine took three days from ordering to ship, and it looks like I was one of the lucky ones! I don't understand how in 2020 it can take any longer than two days to get something out the door and into the mail. Pretty ridiculous.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Well, I rubbed out about a bowl's worth, then left the Cringle flake out to dry for two hours or so, after which I though it could be a tad bit drier, so I nuked it for 8 seconds. I gravity packed it into one of my favorite Virginia pipes, a Sasieni two dot Bristol. I set up my smoking nest on the patio with the computer, water, ashtray, etc., and sparked up, took a couple of puffs and...right then my wife came home and wanted to take the dogs to the park, so off to the park we went.

When we came home, I made some English Breakfast tea with maple syrup and a little half and half, and picked up where I had left off. I am now very much enjoying this bowl. A ton of Virginia richness and depth, with a decently heavy contribution by the plummy perique. Lots of dark fruits and stone fruits. I think this will appeal to anyone who loves a nice rich VaPer. It's smooth as can be, with a ton of flavor ( and a great "patio" note, to boot). I'm glad I picked up a few tins and kind of wish I'd picked up a few more. I think this will age beautifully. People have commented on the McClelland-like matured VA flavor, and while I have never had the opportunity to try Christmas Cheer, it does remind me a bit of an extra-matured version of 2035 VaPer Flake.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I am just surprised by how good friends you guys are if you know what I am saying.
This may be getting a little out of hand, so allow me to set the record straight.

All you need to know about Jim is that when he goes for a walk in his neighborhood, all of the neighborhood pets run for cover, but the heifers look upon him with great affection.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
This may be getting a little out of hand, so allow me to set the record straight.

All you need to know about Jim is that when he goes for a walk in his neighborhood, all of the neighborhood pets run for cover, but the heifers look upon him with great affection.
I knew it. Sometimes you like recognizes like ;). Explains why those kitties look so happy in those pics he shared. ;)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012

@Sablebrush is jealous because the baby iguanas keep asking for their allowance.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
To taste the flavors in this tobacco, you need patience. There's a lot of moisture in these flakes and the flavors don't come out to play until you dry the tobacco. I rubbed out the flakes and let them dry for about 3 1/2 hours until they were just shy of bone dry. Then you slow smoke the flake. If you can't be bothered, you're not going to taste the flavors in which case you might just as well sell the tins to someone else.
I had my first bowl today and definitely concur. You can tell its aged tobacco, its not a flavor bomb but rather has a nice smooth, delicate and nuanced quality about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.