PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Earlier today, I enjoyed a Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generosos (Toro) while playing a round of golf with some buddies. This particular smoke has long been my absolute favorite non-cuban cigar (my all time favorite is the RASS), and while I generally try to smoke them when I have the time to focus on the cigar rather than my golf game, it had been a long time since I'd had a cigar and I figured something special might be in order. It was delicious, and my round didn't go so bad either!

Zombie Green

My first experience was bad, but I think it was more me than the cigar. I have been fairly busy this week, so I did not bother to put it in the Humidor to rest, and smoked it directly out of the pillow pack in which Smoking Pipes sent it. The burn was wonky, uneven, canoed, tunneled, and did go out two times. It was a very long smoke (which would have been a good thing) but I did throw it out when there was an estimated 20% smoking time still remaining.

Regarding the quality of the cigar.
1. It has a nice oily Maduro Wrapper and is very beautiful
2. Fairly complex from the get go, and comparable to other high quality Maduro I smoked
3. I did not think as a limited edition the taste was significantly better than other Maduro cigars which are available regularly
4. If you see my burning experience above, it was too moist and did not like to burn. Even then I got good flavors, during the times I was getting to burn properly
5. I don’t know the long burn is a characteristic of this cigar, or due to the fact I smoked it wet- However the burn time is 30%-40% longer than a cigar of a similar size I usually smoke

The jury is still out and I need to smoke the second stick, but at this point I would say it has potential to be an excellent smoke

How was it?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
How do you like those? I almost bid on a box of robustos last night.
I think they're good, not great. Start off medium-ish, finish fuller in strength and body. I was never a huge fan of the cigar, but I revisited it a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it, so I bought a few more. Worth a try to see if you like it, for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.