PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
I know that their prices can be high on some tins but the speed and professionalism in which they ship and the politeness and warmth in their communication is well worth it. I added a sample of Northwoods and Apple Strudel, hopefully I enjoy at least one.

Jan 27, 2020
Its been years since I have placed an order with them but I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment. They are great group!

Northwoods is a nice crossover blend. If you like your English blends but also have a sweet tooth, you should enjoy Northwoods.

Excellent! I will report back. Hope to visit the store sometime in the next month.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I agree. And somehow they manage to have everything in stock without the bullshit maximum tin purchase limits of some other sites.
This. Absolute professionals and I don't mind paying a bit extra to support them and get around the limits. Limiting, say, each Sam Gawith blend to 2 boxes each is reasonable (a la Watch City). Limiting the entire order to 1 box or 2 tins of Sam Gawith total is silly. I know where I'd rather spend my money.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I know that their prices can be high on some tins but the speed and professionalism in which they ship and the politeness and warmth in their communication is well worth it. I added a sample of Northwoods and Apple Strudel, hopefully I enjoy at least one.
where would one find the info to try an order from them? Or at least consider it.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff
Jan 27, 2020
A number of forum guys are meeting there on 10/24 for a get-together. If you are in the area, drop by.

Sounds fun, sadly I am currently stuck in NY DMV hell waiting on tags and plates for over three weeks... if I get them by then I will try to make it but am not holding my breath.

wow that is not so far. If someone lends me a car I finally have a good excuse for a tiny road trip.

Once I get my car I’ll pick you up on the way Bob.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Years ago now, only a few weeks after beginning my pipe journey, I was driving home from a gig and saw a sign with a pipe on it along Route 30 ...went in and proceeded to realize I had arrived in tobacco heaven. I have spoken with Dan and J.M. both, extremely friendly people. I have made several trips there now and always have a great experience.

Jan 27, 2020
Its been years since I have placed an order with them but I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment. They are great group!

Northwoods is a nice crossover blend. If you like your English blends but also have a sweet tooth, you should enjoy Northwoods.

While I really like Apple Strudel (despite not being so info aros) I’m on the fence about Northwoods. Reminds me of a harsher Skiff Mix.

Reactions: anotherbob

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I've ordered from them a half dozen times or so and every experience has been top notch. They always ship super fast too. In terms of prices, I never know how much to attribute to the vendor vs mandatory taxes, and Boswell's is also a smaller operation so they might not be as volume-oriented as others. And having said that, their prices still seem fair to me, and not like theyre trying to get over on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.