PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Why do we care? I don't care a lot, but in general, authenticity is of interest in pipe smoking. The Czech tool and the knockoff are functionally the same, but one is the original. That's my take on it.

Reactions: eugenepark

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I don't bother with Czech tools. Too many moving parts will break down sooner or later. Pipe nail is just a solid piece of unknown metal.
The parts do start becoming loose with use and then they don't stay put anymore but swivel left and right. I use an 8deco tamper when smoking, but still keep Czech tools around for cleaning and carry one in my pocket: a Czech tool can be turned into a defence instrument in a second.

Hmm, they even have tees of the old stamping, so maybe not a fake. ?

SmokeGreywithpipe.jpg

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
I have a few of these on hand. I like the tamper but I also like the slightly edged knife to clean my bowls as I don't like a lot of cake build-up.

Wrong thread ... meant to respond to @mso489 spell checker thread!
On the other hand ... my phone has learnt to predict what I am planning to type - For example when I write Peterson it predicts that the next word I am going to type is Sherlock, Dublin and Saint (Since these are the three Peterson pipes I Smoke most). On the same line when I write Sasieni it predicts Four Dots.

View attachment 42973

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Or to put it differently, if the pipe tool works, it isn't fake; it just may not be Czech.

'scroggin, it has always seemed to me that the pipe tools that get lost are always the ones that cost at least $15; the ones that cost 92 cents will pay their own cab fare to follow you home. Maybe that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.