PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Recently I bought a lot of somewhat 15 pipes, and today I have refurbished the four ones that will stay with me (the rest will go to The Bay to cover the expenses).

From left to right:
Charatan Belvedere
Parker
Svendborg
Stanwell Calabash.

img_0269.jpg

I'm really happy with the selection, above all the Svendborg turned out quite a gem!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Some nice pipes right there, and they all look in excellent condition! Svendborg is an often overlooked brand in the Danish pipe world, but there is no arguing with their pedigree.

Svendborg - Pipedia - https://pipedia.org/wiki/Svendborg

:)

Yes they are really in good condition, quite easy to restore. Only challenge were the mouthpieces, I almost spent an entire pencil on making them easy-going. Previous owner obviously seperated the stem right after smoking...

I agree with you on the Svendborgs, and must say that I also overlooked them for some time (this is my first one). Also I recently discovered Faaborg, which are really gorgeous!

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
I don't know if this is auto correct, or some new technique I don't know about. What do you mean?

Nice looking pipes! That rusticated Bulldog second from the top caught my eye immediately.

Thanks!

About the pencil: When the stem sits too tight, it helps to apply graphite on the tenon. So you take an ordinary pencil and rub it on. Quite common technique among German pipe smokers.

Reactions: ofafeather

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice rotation all by themselves, he said with is 92 pipes at the ready. But I know four is all you really need.

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.